Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Sound of Silence - No More

I strongly condemn the events in Charlottesville, VA this weekend. Not my values. Not my friends.

If you are one of those people - and I am sure there are many - who voted for Mr. Trump but wouldn't run over people or bash in someone's face because they disagree with you, what are you going to do about it?

President Trump did not condemn these actions. His words were weak and pathetic. They were not the words of a leader. They were not words that bring a nation together. They were not even kind words. And then he went on to brag about himself and how good things are under his so-called administration. Basically we have no government at the moment. This man can call everybody else names, but he certainly can't name his supremacist friends what they are - domestic terrorists. This was a planned racist event.

Expect more of them.

"Some members of Trump’s own party called on the President to specifically cite the Charlottesville tragedy as a terror attack, or to call out white nationalists. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said that it was “very important” for the country to hear the president “describe events in Charlottesville for what they are, a terror attack by white supremacists. . . . Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) wrote that “we must call evil by its name.” Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) echoed that “we should call evil by its name. My brother didn’t give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home.”' - Variety


"In the naked light I saw 10,000 people, maybe more. People talking without speaking. People hearing without listening. . . . No one dare disturb the sound of silence. . . . Silence like a cancer grows."


1 comment:

  1. I'm of the opinion that ALL LIVES MATTER! I'm actually proud to say I didn't vote for Trump. I have never felt embarrassed when it comes to politics but I am now. Embarrassed that our soilders are being commanded by and are fighting , injured and even dying for people who have no regard or such little respect for human lives and because we have a president that can only think of his own PR at a time when his country needs him to LEAD them desperately by pulling us together as a nation instead of further apart. Now I get off my soapbox.. thanks for the release.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.