Saturday, November 26, 2022

Saturday 9: Two Black Cadillacs


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is about two women who share a very dark secret. Are you good at keeping secrets?

A. Generally speaking, yes. As a news reporter, I was constantly told things, "off the record," and I kept those quiet until I either confirmed it with a second party or it became more public knowledge. I also grew up in a house full of secrets.

2) Carrie Underwood's favorite author is Stephen King. In fact, she credits King's Christine as an inspiration for this song. Have you read much Stephen King, or seen movies based on his books?

A. I have read some of his books, but I stopped after Cujo. I know I saw Carrie but I am not sure what other movies of his I have seen without looking at a list.

3) Carrie first came to America's attention when she won on American Idol. Prior to competing on that show, she'd never been on an airplane. Crazy Sam takes at least one round-trip flight every year and pays using the miles she accumulated from credit card purchases throughout the year. Do you try to earn miles, points, or cash back when you make purchases?

A. It is not in the forefront of my mind. I have cash back credit cards and I know that, but I don't go out of my way to pick up Pepto Bismal at CVS instead of Food Lion because I have it set for drug stores instead of groceries, or whatever.

4) Black is this week's signature color because November 25 was Black Friday, when retailers historically have slashed their prices and the holiday shopping season begins. Have you begun your gift shopping?

A. I have almost all of my gifts purchased. I do not have a nice present yet for my husband because I have no idea what he wants.

5) Black Friday began as a local event initiated by store owners in Philadelphia back in the early 1960s. When you think of Philadelphia, what comes to mind?

A. Elton John singing Philadelphia Freedom.

6) Black Friday always comes after Thanksgiving, a day of feasting. What was the best dish at your holiday table this year?

A. The steak.

7) Thanksgiving is also a big day for watching football. Did you watch any games?

A. I did not.

8) What are you thankful for this year?

A. A warm house. It is cold outside. I am also thankful that my husband's hip surgery was successful, and he is free of pain and able to do what he wants.

9) Random question: You're in a public restroom and have a choice between paper towels and a hot air hand dryer. Which do you choose?

A. Paper towels. I've read that the hot air hand dryers are full of germs. I don't know if that is true or not, but I'd just as soon not test it out. I do use the hot air hand dryer if it is the only thing available.

_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

7 comments:

  1. #9: I discovered the dryer/germ thing when I helped my nephew with a grade school science paper. The things you learn when correcting a kid's grammar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steak sounds like a pretty good Thanksgiving dinner to me. I am all about doing things the easier way the older I get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that about hand dryers also. I was not sure if it was true either. I prefer paper towels anyway. I have a really good start on Christmas gifts too. Just a couple more left.
    I am so glad your husband is doing well from his surgery! That is great news! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the dog show instead of football. And I finished my family Christmas shopping today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh UGH! Well, I usually use the paper towels anyway but who know if they aren't in the same sad state? lol Personal handwipes are going on my shopping list!
    I'm so glad to hear that your hubby is free of pain and fully recovered. And Steak sounds perfectly fine for a Thanksgiving repast. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you for having almost all you shopping done! Glad your husband is doing well after his surgery. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the same thing about the air dryers in restrooms. Steak sounds good too! My family room is small. We inherited my husband's mom's baby grand. The village is on that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.