Saturday, October 01, 2022

Saturday 9: Forever Your Girl


1) In this song, Paula Abdul tells her boyfriend he's got to remember, she's forever his girl. How's your memory? Do you remember things easily or do you leave yourself notes and reminders?

A. I make notes. I also leave reminders on Alexa. (I use her for a nag, too, for my husband, so I don't have to do it.)

2) Paula reassures her lover that she can't be swayed by another man, even if he gave her diamonds or pearls. Tell us about a piece of jewelry that means something to you.

A. My wedding ring means the most to me because it signifies my relationship with my husband.
 
3) Paula is best known as one of the original judges of American Idol. Without looking it up, can you recall the men who sat on either side of her?

A. I never watched American Idol, so I have no idea.

4) Paula has been dancing since age 8 and moves very well in heels. Tell us about your favorite shoes.

A. I wear sneakers almost always, so they are my favorite.
 
5) A lifelong dancer, Paula admits she's not a trained singer. For this record, she worked with producer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, who won accolades for his work with singers including Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Toni Braxton and Janet Jackson. Who is your all-time favorite female singer?

A. I don't have just one. Stevie Nicks, Melissa Etheridge, and Sheryl Crow would be my top 3. But then there's also Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Barbra Streisand, Ann Wilson, and Dolly Parton.
 
6) She advises young girls to "keep the faith and don't lose your gut instinct." How about you? Are you more logical or instinctive?

A. I hope I am more logical, but I suspect I am more instinctive.
 
7) Paula is excited that Richard Branson has chosen her song, "Straight Up" as the theme for his Virgin Galactic Spaceflight company. Would you like to orbit above the earth?

A. If I were 40 years younger, I'd go for it.

8) In 1989, when this song was a hit, the Sears Holiday Wish Book was big on bathrobes. Men and women alike were tempted with brightly colored, belted robes with hoods and patch pockets. Tell us about your bathrobe.

A. My bathrobe is white, long, and fairly heavy. I wear it year-round. It came from JC Penny.

9) Random question: What do you consider your best quality?

A. This is a hard question. I shall say my curiosity. But it could be my loyalty. I'm very loyal until someone no longer deserves my loyalty.

_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

5 comments:

  1. I heard Linda Ronstadt in concert when she played Canciones de mis padre. She is half Mexican and wanted to make an album from the songs she learned from her family. My wedding ring is special to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list of singers is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listed more than one female singer too. We both said Dolly Parton and I like most the rest of your list too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list of singers! And yeah...if I was younger I'd jump at the chance to go to space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised you chose curiosity. That must make you a better journalist. You asked if I could write humor. I don't know. This weekend I've been comparing/contrasting transmission fluid change vs. flush. Maybe after I retire I'll play with wit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.