Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday Stealing


1. Where do you get your news these days?

A. I subscribe to two local newspapers (print). I have a digital subscription to The New York Times. I watch the local news. I read The Guardian and sometimes Al Jazeera. I also read a lot of articles from The Atlantic, The New Yorker, and other outlets.

2. Do you like crab meat? What makes you crabby?

A. I love crab meat, but I developed a shellfish allergy about 10 years ago. My husband being crabby makes me crabby!

3. Does freedom mean more choices? Have you ever felt there were too many choices? Elaborate.

A. I do not think more choice is the equivalent of freedom. Having a choice of various brands of green beans doesn't make me any freer. It just takes up my time. I liked things better when we only had three or four TV channels and we all listened to the same music. Now nobody has anything to talk about except politics, and I'd much rather discuss some great TV show.

4. Barbara Millicent Roberts was introduced to the world on March 9, 1959...that's Barbie to most of us. Did you have Barbies as a kid, or did you let your own children play with Barbies? What well known Barbara (living or not) would you most like to meet?

A. I had Barbies but I did not play with them much. I would like to meet Barbara Eden. She is 90 years old now! But she was the lead in I Dream of Jeannie. (She was also the first Barbara who came to mind.)

5. What are three things you value most in another person?

A. Honesty, loyalty, and integrity.

6. How would you define “old.”  At what age is a person old?

A. I don't consider people "old" anymore, now that I am sort of there myself. Things become old - usually at 50 years old, things are old. But people aren't old, they're just seasoned.

7. A place you’ve been that’s “old.”  Tell us something about your visit there.

A. We have visited Williamsburg several times. The copper kettles and other copper items in the shops were made by a friend of ours from my nearest town.

8. Something you miss about the “good old days.”  When were they?

A. The "good old days" are going to differ for every generation. For me they were the late 1960s and 1970s, I suppose. I miss TV that was worth watching.

9. In what way are you a 'chip off the old block'? Or if you'd rather, in what way is your child a 'chip off the old block'?

A. I don't know that I am a "chip off the old block." Maybe in the way I am quick to anger sometimes.

10. Old fashioned, Old Testament, old timer, same old same old, old glory, good old boy, old wives tale . . . choose an 'old' phrase that relates to something in your life or the wider world currently and explain.

A.  Every day here is the same old same old, especially since the pandemic, because we mostly stay home and do chores around the house and farm.

11. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure?

A. I have never been to Hawaii.

12. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain.

A. When I was asked to write a magazine about my county for its 250th birthday, I felt thrown in the deep end because that was something I'd never done before, but I did a great job if I do say so myself.

13. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer?

A. Shade.

14. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way.

A. My life is like shifting sands, as it looks the same from day to day, but underneath there is a vast current of unsteadiness and dismay.

15. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents? If you're a parent where on the scale do you land? 

A. My parents were about a 5. They had rules but they were like those shifting sands and sometimes you didn't know you were breaking them because they weren't a rule yesterday.

__________


I encourage you to visit other participants in 
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, yes! I do not like to talk about politics. I would rather talk about a tv show or a book. I am very fortunate that I work with a lot of readers. We help each other find good books to read. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Barbara Eden too. I miss Williamsburg--I lived in Virginia for several years (in Hampton and Newport News) and it was a favorite place for Mom and I to go spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to #14 gave me pause. I imagine that is an unusual feeling for the "underneath" to feel like shifting sand. I like seasoned instead of old! I also heard someone say that when we age, we are either pickled or preserved. Preserves are sweet so I definitely want to go in that direction rather than a sour face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2. Mrs PM has a shellfish allergy too.

    #3. Totally agree.

    #7. I've been to Williamsburg. Very entertaining.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.