Monday, May 16, 2022

Lunar Eclipse

We had mostly cloud cover last night during the lunar eclipse, but I caught these shots between 11:50 p.m. and 12:05 a.m. when there was a small break in the clouds. I took 50 photos but most of them were slightly shaky. (I guess I am not steady at that hour.) Then there was nothing but clouds as far as I could see, and I went back to bed.





That last photo shows how small the moon looked during this eclipse. The last time I took photos of a lunar eclipse, the moon looked bigger. If you study the last photo closely, you can see a few stars and a faint tree line at the bottom, but you have to look hard to make out those details.

I was using a Nikon Coolpix B700 camera to take these photos.


2 comments:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.