Saturday, February 15, 2020

Saturday 9: Secret Valentine

Saturday 9: Secret Valentine (2008)

In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now?

A. Yes, even though it is daylight outside. I need a lot of light to see by these days. I used to read practically in the dark and kept the lights off all the time - my husband thought I was part vampire. But as I have aged, I find I need more light.

2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now?

A. Lint.

3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited?

A. I went to Florida as a child to visit a great-grandparent, but I have no idea where in Florida that was. I was quite young and the only thing I remember about the trip is a long drive, a cat had a litter of kittens underneath a porch while we were there, and palm trees. In 1993, my husband and I went to Disney in Orlando for a few days to celebrate my graduation from college.

4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now?

A. I have a hole in each ear but I don't have on any earrings at the moment.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion?

A. I attended our 30th high school reunion in 2011.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?

A. My husband, some of my friends, my brother when he wants to be.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?

A. No.

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?

A. When I was in school, all the girls swooned over Barry Kinzie, who taught 5th grade, I think. But I did not have him as a teacher. I was almost always the teachers' pet in class; I think I loved all of my teachers but not as a "crush." They were nice people who took an interest in me.

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?

A. I mailed off a batch of the county's 250th magazine to several folks who'd asked me for copies.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

4 comments:

  1. I think Disney World is a great way to celebrate graduation at any age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brother "when he wants to be...." Laughing because we have a lot of family that falls into that category, too. And boy, when they don't want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever heard this song before. Like you, it seems like there is always a light on these days, but I will admit that our living room and dining room area are very dark most days. I miss doing these and hope to get back to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like lots of lights on in the house either. Like you, I'm needing more as I age. Driving at night is terrible.

    ReplyDelete