Saturday, November 09, 2019

Saturday 9: Heart to Heart

Heart to Heart (1982)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) With whom did you most recently have a "heart-to-heart" talk?

A. My doctor.

2) When this song was on the charts, audiences were tuning in to a TV show called Hart to Hart. Are you familiar with it?

A. No. We couldn't receive that channel.

3) In the music video, Kenny Loggins plays an illustrator. It’s said that the hardest thing to draw is a straight line, because all the joints in your hand have to work together in sync. Can you draw a straight line, without the aid of a ruler or a straight edge?

A. No. My art teacher told me the straight lines didn't matter.

4) This video also prominently features teddy bears. A 2018 article in the NY Post estimates that 4 in 10 adults has a plush toy of his/her own. Are you one of the 40%?

A. I have a kitty that sings "Soft Kitty" to me, so I guess I am.

5) Kenny Loggins performed in a tribute to Aretha Franklin at Carnegie Hall. Do you have a favorite Aretha Franklin song?

A. RESPECT.

6) Kenny cowrote this song with Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers. You can also hear Michael on the background vocals. Do you have a favorite Doobie Brothers song?

A. Well now, let me tell you. I can get down on China Grove. I can play rhythm and lead on that song. It is a great song to just let it rip and beat the crap out of the guitar. It's in the key of E with some funky key changes and one intriguing rhythm change, and the lead involves a full note pull-up on the second string in the 12th fret (I think that's right, it's been a while since I jammed out. Now excuse me while I go jam out.).

7) The third cowriter is David Foster. 1982 was a big year for Foster, since Chicago had a big hit with another of his compositions, “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.” Do you have a favorite Chicago song?

A. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? is tied with 25 or 6 to 4.

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, Tylenol capsules laced with cyanide killed 7 people in Chicago. In response, tamper-proof packaging was introduced. What’s the last thing you opened that required you break a seal?

A. An envelope with the mail in it. If that doesn't count, then a vitamin pill package.

9) Random question – You’re having a party. Which guest annoys you most: the one who arrives 20 minutes early, or the one who shows up 20 minutes late?

A. I don't have parties except at Christmas and this year I'm not doing that because my husband will be in a cast for an ankle fusion. But in general, I don't care. Life is too short to get annoyed at things like that. The person who shows up 20 minutes early will be asked to help set the table, and the one who shows up 20 minutes late will be given a seat and leftovers.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  (#310)

10 comments:

  1. I love your answer to number 6. You can draw and play music, you must truly be talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 -- That's by far the most passionate answer we've had to the music questions this week. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 Don't tell your art teacher about Piet Mondrian

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun post to reminisce on some fo the great music of our time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with #9...I am fine with people showing up late or early for that matter, but my mother-in-law tried to make me wait on the late people and I wouldn't.
    I would love to hear you play too! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your husband's surgery. how is that going to affect his mobility when he recovers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I forgot about China Grove. Love that one, too! I'm jealous of your stuffed kitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're art teacher was right. Straight lines are an illusion in anything but a technical drawing. My draftsman bro would argue but your teacher was right. lol
    I had a hard time choosing a favorite Doobie Brother's song. They are my favorite group in their particular genre. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.