Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: Firsts

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?

A. I haven't looked at myself in the mirror yet this morning, but generally I think something along the lines of, "I'm fat" or "My haircut sucks."

2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?

A. I have no idea. My first vacation with my husband was to Myrtle Beach, SC.

3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?

A. A bag of grapes that I picked up at the store last night.

4. Tell us about your first kiss OR your last first date.

A. I don't know when my first kiss was. My last first date would have been with my husband, the night we met. We went dancing.

5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?

A. I'd go to the Delta Quadrant and find some nice uninhabited Class M planet to spend my time on.

6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?

A. Adjust everything.

7. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn?

A. I don't have children.

8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?

A. My husband was and is my first love. I had crushes. The last thing I heard about a crush was that he was in a bad vehicle accident. I never did hear the outcome.

9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?

A. The world wasn't created in seven days, for one thing. First you need the building blocks, atoms and neuron and proteins and things.

10. What is the first song in your IPOD or song list?

A. I don't have any play lists. I think Sheryl Crows' albums tend to come up first in my cellphone.

11. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again?

A. I doubt it was the first thing, but I used to have a black poodle bank that I have misplaced. We've also managed to lose several artificial Christmas trees and I'm not sure how one does that.

12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?

A. Hillary Clinton for trying to accomplish something with the title and being the most accomplished afterwards, Barbara Bush for grace. The rest weren't in my lifetime so I will only go with the ones about which I have knowledge.

13. Post a link to your first blog post.

A. http://bluecountrymagic.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-beginning.html 

Only this isn't my first blog. I had another one on AOL but AOL discontinued the service.

14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?

A. I don't recall.

15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?

A. Yes. It's when the offense gains 10 yards from where they started.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. Abigail Adams is my second favorite First Lady, and (while I'm older than you), she's before my time. You might enjoy reading her correspondence. She wrote beautifully, and, like you, she married her first love. In letters she always referred to him as "dear Friend." Thomas Jefferson thought she was great, too. He admired her intellect and moral compass. Abigail had it going on! (Abigail is top of my mind these days because she was a favorite of Cokie Roberts, who recently passed away.)

    Is this the geekiest comment your blog has ever received?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artificial Christmas tree loss! Yeah, I can't imagine how that happens but then again, look at orphan socks! Things have minds of their own, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was my first love, too, everything previous was crushes, but I didn't feel like getting into the explanation last night when I answered.

    I'm impressed with all of you who've been blogging a long time and can still link to the posts. I never kept my early ones and as you mentioned some services just don't exist any longer. I think I might be able to find one still out there from maybe mid-blogging. I don't know why (except for one...which was, ironically, my most widely read) I always deleted them. I've only been keeping them for the last few years. And if it sounds like I started new blogs a lot, I did. I tend to start a new blog whenever I start a new phase of life. At this point, I think that's probably come to an end. I doubt there are very many phases left for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such fun to go back and see others' first entries.



    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The loss of an artificial 🎄 is too funny !! But I can so relate ! My last first date.... was amazing ! It was almost 2 years ago and every day, gets better !!! Applebee’s , snow falling , it was amazing !!! And still is ! We use to go back to that Applebee’s and would always sit in the same booth (until it closed up :( ).
    I’m sure Myrtle Beach was my first vacation and is still my favorite to this day !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.