Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Have you ever been teased because of the things you like?

A. Yes. I have always been a nerd and liked things like computers, fantasy, comic books, etc. I'm like Leonard on The Big Bang Theory but in female form. I remember crying to my mother in about the fourth grade because I had a grasp on things that most of my classmates did not, especially mythology and how it related to the Bible. This is big Christian country around here and that did not go over well.

2. Do you hold grudges?

A. Probably, but at the moment I can't think of any.

3. Were there any classes you enjoyed because of the teacher?

A. Almost all of my English classes were better because I had good teachers, and I did very well in my high school Algebra I, II and Trig classes because of a teacher whom I still see to this day (Hi Tina, I know you're reading!). I'd have probably never made it through those courses if she hadn't been the one teaching me.

4. Was there a dress code at your school?

A. I went to high school in the late 1970s in a rural area. We wore jeans and flannel, and our pants did not ride down around our ankles. If there was a dress code I was unaware of it, but I suspect there was one.

5. Have you ever been a bad friend?

A. Not intentionally. I am, however, only human and so I am sure I've missed cues of need or desperation or something. People are bad about asking for help, too, and expect you to guess when they need it. I try very hard to be empathetic and sympathetic but that doesn't mean I always get it right.

6. Has a friend ever replaced you with somebody else?

A. Yes, many times.

7. Have you ever disliked something just because it was popular?

A. Nothing comes to mind. However, I don't go out of my way to look into things simply because they are popular.

8. Have you ever watched a movie just because it starred an actor you liked?

A. Yes. I watched Kingdom of Heaven, I think it was, because it had Orlando Bloom in it. Terrible movie.

9. Are there actors/musicians you have met?

A. No one overly famous. Local folks.

10. Do you ever judge people based on the music they listen to?

A. No.

11. What about your top five music albums?

A. The Dance, by Fleetwood Mac, Croonin' by Anne Murray, C'mon C'mon, by Sheryl Crow, Your Little Secret, by Melissa Etheridge, and Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morrissett.

12. Do you remember the first album you ever owned?

A. We had children's albums that I don't know the name of. I think the first album I "owned" was by The Archies, followed by the soundtrack from Grease.

13. Do you still use an mp3 player, or just your phone?

A. I listen to music on Alexa, mostly.

14. Do you like Elton John?

A. Yes.

15. Have any celebrity deaths hit you hard? Which one(s)?

A. People die. It's the way of the world. I was sad when Patrick Swayze passed away because he died of the same thing my mother did: pancreatic cancer, but it didn't "hit" me hard. I remember my mother was all tore up over Princess Diana's death.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

9 comments:

  1. Good English teachers made all the difference! I've always loved reading and writing, but some classes were just painful and boring and a struggle to get through while others got me excited and looking forward to whatever we were doing. Just proof, I guess, that not everyone with knowledge of something should teach it. Teaching is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubs got me a Dot a few years ago and Alexa and I listened to music all day long--but I was working at home then. Now that I'm back in the office, it's wireless headphones and my phone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a nerd too - or a geek - so much so that I work in IT and also, even at my age, still occasionally play computer games. I am a huge fan of science fiction and anything that is weird.

    Never be ashamed of being a geek. In fact - I say EMBRACE it.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I coulda had 10 albums, I would have included Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the music from Grease; I hate the message of the show (to be popular you need to become a slut). I always mention that when I have to review the show. (Same with the message of Oklahoma, which is you don't need to be responsible for the death of someone you killed if he was unpopular and you are a llikeable guy ready to go on your honeymoon)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soundtrack from Grease. I can see you being able to draw the parallel between mythology and the Bible. You would go on and be a writer, so that came naturally to you. Loved your answers! Have a nice Sunday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne Murray--what a lovely voice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’re a good friend.. at least you have been one to me. Always nice and willing to help someone, including me if you can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your Top Five Music Albums list. A lot. Not because of the artists. Because you are the only one I know other than myself that prefers women and girl groups.

    You have Fleetwood Mac; I have The Rolling Stones, but otherwise...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.