Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thursday 13

These are things I remember having but have misplaced, lost, or don't know what happened to.

1. Two Christmas trees. I am not sure how you lose large trees, but we've managed to misplace two of them. I think my husband hauled them off to Goodwill, or one of them went to a newly-wedded firefighter, but I am not certain.

2. A black plastic poodle dog bank that I used to have as a child. It might be in the attic. I haven't seen it for years.

3. A flute. I used to play the flute and I once had a flute. The case was broken on it and it was in need of some repair work. It too may be in the attic, but again, I haven't seen it in years.

4. An entire set of den furniture, including sofa, chair, tables. This was a heavy pine set we bought when we first married. I think we gave it away, again to a newly-wedded firefighter, but I am not certain of that. We could have sold it. I know we sold our old bedroom suite.

5. A book called Alfred Hitchcock's Haunted Houses or something like that. I think the book actually went into the trash after the dog chewed on it when I still lived with my parents. It had great scary children's stories in it.

6. Another book called Miss Osborne the Mop. Great children's book. I suppose it went to a library sale.

7. A box of items from my curio cabinet that I boxed up after Christmas when we were installing the floors. One of the boxes of items has gone missing and I have no idea where it went.

8. My Xena: Warrior Princess collection. At one time I had dolls from the show, trading cards, all sorts of items. The trading cards I think are in my husband's office, but I don't know where the other items went. Maybe they are down in the "storage shed" which means they have probably been eaten by some critter by now.

9. My husband's clarinet. I imagine it is with the flute. Maybe they are playing a duet.

10. The kitchen scissors. I had a really great pair of kitchen scissors that vanished. I guess the scissors turned themselves upside down and walked away.

11. Kitchen knives. These disappear with terrible regularity. I think they are used for screwdrivers.

12. My Children's Bible. My aunt gave me this when I was around 8 or 9, and I read it all the way through. But I don't know what happened to it.

13. About 100 Little Golden Books. These were probably at my parents' house and thrown out after their house burned down, but I am not sure. I loved Little Golden Books and read them over and over again.

Happy Valentine's Day, too!

----------------------------
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 591st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I wisn i knew how these tings disappear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do these things go? I miss so many lost things that I didn't consciously get rid of. How many hours of our life are spent looking for lost things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loss so many things moving around as my parents would split and make-up... split and make-up and drag me from place to place sometimes in the middle of the night! I learned not to collect things or hold on to very many things ( only really meaningful things like your Christmas mouse) unlike my mom who keeps everything because she’s scared she may need it someday. I would love to “lose “ almost everything in my house and will As soon as I can! When she passes or goes to a home ... big sale at my house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.