Thursday, January 03, 2019

Thursday Thirteen #585

Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is a wonderful year for you, dear reader.

Here, in no particular order, are 13 happy songs. Because we all need happy in the new year and music can make you happy.

1. Good Vibrations, the Beach Boys.



2. Happy, by Pharell Williams



3. I Feel Good, by James Brown



4. Uptown Funk, by Mark Ronson w/ Bruno Mars (This song makes me happy, I don't know about anyone else.)



5. Call Me Maybe, by Carly Rae Jepsen



This version of a flash mob with The Big Bang Theory is cute:



6. Dancing Queen, by Abba



7. Don't Worry Be Happy, by Bobby McFerrin



8. Me and Julio Down by the School Yard, by Paul Simon



9. The Way You Make Me Feel, by Michael Jackson



10. Walking on Sunshine, by Katrina and the Waves



11. I'm a Believer, by The Monkees



12. Sugar, Sugar, by The Archies



13. The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA, by Donna Fargo






----------------------------
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 585th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. THAT was upbeat! Loved the Big Bang flash dance and walking on sunshine. The Michael Jackson video was kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love most of these songs and was impressed to see The Archies on here. What an inspiration for the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL wonderful tunes! I'll be singing to myself for hours. My mother's fave: Don't Worry, Be Happy. It was also her main Life Philosophy. Thanks for the reminder(s)!

      Delete
  3. These are great! "Good Vibrations" got stuck in my head the instant I read the title. :P

    ReplyDelete

  4. So funny that we both did music videos this week. Should I be proud that I recognize all of these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I call a happy list. I even played Sugar Sugar to look at the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.