Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday 9: The Middle

Saturday 9: The Middle (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about compromise. When did you recently give in a little and meet someone halfway?

A. I'm married. I'm pretty sure I do that nearly every day.

2) She sings that the floors are wet. Are there any floors in your home that could use a good scrub today? If you answered "yes," will those floors get cleaned this weekend?

A. My floors were mopped a few days ago. They are clean.

3) She also sings that the cabinets are bare. What's currently on your shopping list?

A. According to my husband there is nothing to eat in the house, but the only thing on my list on the refrigerator is lotion. I guess you can't eat that.

4) You may be familiar with this song from Target's TV commercials. Do you often shop at Target?

A. Not very often and I don't remember ever hearing this song before.

5) The lead vocal is handled by Maren Morris, a Grammy winner for "My Church," which is all about singing with the car radio. What's the last song you sang along with?

A. Uptown Funk.

6) This past April, Maren married singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd and they have performed onstage together. Who is the last person you sang along with?

A. Probably my friend Teresa. But generally I only sing by myself.

7) This song was composed by brothers Kyle and Michael Trewartha. With their bleached hair and sunglasses, they look like a pair of surfer dudes -- which they are, having grown up in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there a body of water near your hometown?

A. We are not that far from Smith Mountain Lake, which is a manmade lake put in place to create electricity.

8) January 2018, when this song debuted, we had a total lunar eclipse. When things like that happen in the sky, do you go out of your way to watch?

A. Yes, I do.

9) Random question -- They say we're all young at heart. In what way can you be childlike?

A. I like to be brought presents, even if it's a box of Tic-Tacs.


___________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

8 comments:

  1. A manmade lake to create electricity! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about opening a present. How much fun. I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like presents too, but, like you, simple ones that mean someting rather than expensive ones becausd you feel you "have" to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I hope your friends are OK. So far the fire has only reached the outskirts of Chico. And BTW, POTUS _has_ weighed in on the fire..he wants to withhold federal assistance because he thinks we don't take care of the forests. Sweet guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun questionnaire. There is definitely something uniquely touching about an unprompted gift - whether it's tic-tacs, or a rock someone thought was pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good point about being married and 'meeting in the middle'. I do it every day it seems too. Just to get along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing about living alone, you don't have to compromise and if there is nothing in your refrigerator there is no one to blame.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.