Friday, October 12, 2018

The Fraying of the Nerves

Wednesday, a day later than scheduled, two men showed up to begin to repair my kitchen floor.

They did not show up until 11 a.m. that morning. They worked until 1:15 p.m. and then did not return until 3:30 p.m. and they worked until 5 p.m.  I do not know why they only worked so little.

I do know it pissed me off royally. That's not even 4 hours of work.

Thursday they worked from 10 - 12:45, took another two hour lunch, and worked from 2:15  - 4:15. That was not 4 hours of work, either.

Today, one guy showed up at 10:15. The other guy showed up at 11:30 and then at 12:20, they both left. They returned at 1 p.m.

They are in there working now. (Can you see my eyes rolling in my head?) I expect them to try to clear out at any minute. What will I say?

This was supposed to be a two-day job. I have been without my washer and dryer since Tuesday night. I haven't been able to cook since Tuesday night. These cats & jammers boys show no inclination of hurrying and I do not want them in my house any longer. I am about to scream.

To their credit they are doing a good job when they do actually work. It's just that they don't work much.

This was the original parquet flooring. It was 30 years old.

This was the reason it was being replaced, because the dishwasher leaked and ruined the flooring in this area.

This is the laundry room, which we also decided to replace with the same new flooring. This stick-on laminate-type flooring is original. Like the parquet, it is 30 years old.

Boxes of tile

This is what the tile looks like.

This is the kitchen in the living room.

This the removal of parquet. It came up very easily.

The cement floor with old glue on it.

The tile in the laundry room, for some reason, proved stubborn and did not come up quite so easily.

This is the new flooring. The little white dots are spacers.

The view from the other side.


It'll look nice if it ever gets finished. When a two-day job turns into a five-day one, somebody's head needs to roll.

I'll show you pictures if it ever gets grouted and completed.

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.