Saturday, July 14, 2018

Saturday 9: I Love Lucy

Saturday 9: I Love Lucy (1951)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Before today, did you know that the "I Love Lucy" theme had lyrics?

A. Yes. I had viewed that episode before.

2) Since its premiere in 1951, I Love Lucy has never been off the air. Are you a fan?

A. I watch it sometimes if I stumble across it, but I don't make a point of it.

3) On the show, Ricky Riccardo supports his family by performing in a nightclub. Do you know anyone in show business?

A. My father plays in a band. I used to play guitar in a band, but that was a long time ago.

4) Lucy and Ricky's best friends are Fred and Ethel, their landlord and his wife. Are you friendly with your neighbors?

A. Friendly enough. Besides, I'm related to most of them.

5) One of the most popular episodes has Lucy and Ethel working on the conveyor belt at a chocolate factory. When did you last have chocolate?

A. I had the most sinfully delicious triple-chocolate brownie on Monday that I have ever had. I will dream about that brownie for the rest of my life. It was magnificent.

6) Another famous episode has Lucy promoting Vitametavegimin. This tonic is made with vitamins, meat, vegetables -- and 23% alcohol. Do you read the ingredients statement before you take an over-the-counter medication? Or do you trust that it's safe because it's on the store shelf?

A. I read the ingredients on everything. I also check the expiration dates.

7) I Love Lucy was filmed before a live audience. Desi Arnaz (Ricky) always maintained he could identify the chuckle of his mother-in-law, who attended every taping. Do you know anyone who has a distinctive laugh?

A. Several people.

8) The show ended when the Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz marriage ended. Have you ever had to choose sides when a couple broke up?

A. Yes. Sometimes people simply force that on you, whether you want to choose sides or not.

9) Random question -- You must eat the same dinner, every day, between now and Labor Day. An identical menu, no deviation. What will you be having?

A. Chicken, peas, mashed potatoes, green beans, rice, a whole-grain roll, blueberries, and watermelon.

_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

13 comments:

  1. I hope that dreamy brownie of yours was a corner brownie. Corner brownies are best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't a corner but it was still wonderful. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I really should get in the habit of checking the expiration dates. I bought shredded cheese for a dish for a pot luck supper and it was expired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My store is very bad about that. I am of the opinion that rural areas tend to get the last shipments and thus the things most close to expiration.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I think I have brownie envy! I didn't think of that part of the label, but I do check the expiration dates since I've found long expired stuff still on the shelves more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that as well. It is frustrating. Or it's just a day away or something.

      Delete
  4. Where did you get your sinful brownie at I could use something sinful right now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollywoods in Hollins. OMG it was the best.

      Delete
  5. Your menu for dinner is very similar to mine. That must have been one fantastic brownie you had. I love brownies and make them often. There is s place here that makes brownies with cream cheese. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh--expiration dates are important, I forgot about checking those but I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Gal's exaltation of the Corner Brownie....That brownie of yours sounds magnificent, so, of course, you will remember it the rest of your life. Yum!
    It's true that sometimes people force it on you, that choosing sides in a divorce. It's happened in this family and it's rotten. My hubby lost one of his best buds that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes you just have to eat those things so that you can have those fine dreams about them for the rest of your life. It's all part of the bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.