Saturday, July 21, 2018

Saturday 9: Gidget

Saturday 9: Gidget (1965)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Gidget was a sitcom that ran only one season. Have you ever seen it?

A. I am aware of it but I don't know that I have watched it.

2) Gidget is a high school student who is more interested in surfing and boys than in the books. When you were Gidget's age, was your top priority getting good grades? Or were you more involved in the social side of student life?

A. I was a straight-A student (graduated 5th in my high school class) and introverted. I was friends with the librarians and teachers, not necessarily the students.

3) Gidget's father was nearly always unflappable when it came to his daughter's high-spirited shenanigans. Who is the coolest, calmest person you know?

A. My husband, which is utterly amazing given the fact that he is married to me.

4) Gidget spends as much time as she can at the beach, hanging out with her best friend, Larue. Fair-skinned Larue doesn't share Gidget's passion for surfing and prefers to stay on the beach blanket, wearing a floppy hat that protects her from the sun. Are you a sun worshipper? Or, like Larue, are you careful about your exposure to the sun?

A. I stay under a blanket at the beach.

5) Gidget, the quintessential California girl, was created by Freidrich Kohner, an Austrian-born screenwriter. Can you think of another Austrian import?

A. Arnold Schwarzenagger (?) (I looked it up after I wrote that and I am correct. He's from Austria.)

6) Howard Greenfield and Jack Keller wrote this week's Gidget theme. They also wrote the 1960 hit song, "Everybody's Somebody's Fool." When is the last time you felt foolish?

A. I don't recall. I try to keep myself out of such situations.

7) This is the show that introduced Sally Field. She went on to win two Oscars and four Emmy Awards. When you think of Sally, what role comes to mind?

A. Playing Forest Gump's mother tied with her role in Steel Magnolias. And her speech where she said, "You really like me."

8) Today Gidget is a grandmother. Sally reports that her grandchildren especially enjoy "sleepovers at Granny's." Where were you the last time you spent the night away from home?

A. We stayed in a hotel about 12 miles from home when the power went out when the substation blew up back in March.

9) Random question -- Describe your perfect lazy afternoon.

A. Sitting around reading a book, drinking a cup of tea or hot chocolate.

_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

7 comments:

  1. She has been in so many great movies it is hard to pick just one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on trying to avoid situations that set me up to feel foolish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You like me!" That moment at the Oscar podium is indelible, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer to #3! That could be me, too.

    Yes, that "You like me" speech was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In answer to number three last Tuesday. But then again I seem to be foolish quite often. Or maybe I should say easy to make a fool out of. I’ve been told I’m extremely gullible. I just like to thinkt that I think well of people and have a big heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hubby sounds like he keeps you grounded. Mine does this for me, too.
    Sally Field has had a great film career. I think she's amazing. Some of her most recent things are forgettable, though. Sad, really.
    Getting straight A's is impressive. But then you are brainy. You are also a lot of fun, when you aren't angry, eh? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, angry? Whatever gave you that idea, Zip? LOL. My friends think I am damn funny; they laugh at me all the time.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.