Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Quotes to Live By

"First, do no harm," which is the oath that medical students take, is also a version of the Wiccan Rede, which says, "An ye harm none, do what ye will," and, with a little stretching, it is Romans 13:10, which says "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

All say the same thing, more or less, though they may have different implications and mean different things to others. I take the three of them to mean to live my life with love for all, and to do as I please so long as I harm no one in the process.

This I try to do. I am human and thus I fail, but I try.

However, a quote that actually describes me, I think, comes from Tolkien: "Not all those who wander are lost." It is my favorite quote and I think it is descriptive because I am such a curious person, a seeker who is always searching for something else over the next ridge. Sort of a Jill-of-all-trades kind of gal, if you will. For I have always been eager to learn and to see what else there is to know.

So while I wander (and wonder), I am not lost. I know where I am (usually). I'm just always peeking into corners and looking around the bend, whether that is in front of me or behind me.

_____________
Linking up with the April challenge from Kwizgiver. April 17 done!

1 comment:

  1. Two of my favorite Tolkien quotes.
    “A man that flies from his fear may find he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”
    “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens”

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.