Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday 9: Jump

Saturday 9: Jump (1984)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) David Lee Roth does a lot of jumping in this video. He credits his flashy moves to his study with marital artist Benny Urquidez. Have you ever tried karate, judo, or jiu-jitzu?

A. No. I do tai chi with a video sometimes, though.

2) Dave claims to be fluent in Spanish. Say something "en espaƱol."

A. El burro sabe mas que tu.

3) Dave appeared as himself in an episode of The Sopranos, playing poker with Tony Soprano. Are you a good poker player?

A. Probably not. I haven't played in years.

4) Though known for his prowess on the guitar, Eddie Van Halen wrote the opening of this song at the keyboard when he was still new to the synthesizer. When did you recently venture outside your comfort zone? Was it a success?

A. Well, I took up coloring and did very well at that, which surprised me because I didn't think I had any "artistic" talent aside from photography and writing. I learned to knit, and I do okay with that. I learned to crochet, and I do ok with that. So I suppose you could call that success.

5) Eddie's older brother Alex is the Van Halen drummer and his son, Wolfie, began touring with the band in 2007. Have you ever worked with a family member?

A. Yes, a long time ago. And my husband and I run a farm together, though that is more of a lifestyle than a job.

6) Van Halen's first manger was Marshall Berle. Mr. Berle's uncle was Milton Berle. Does the name Milton Berle mean anything to you?

A. He was a funny man who was on Bewitched a lot, I think, and on some game shows.

7) In 1984, when this song was popular, AT&T/Bell Telephone was broken up into 24 separate companies. Today, who is your phone provider?

A. ATT provides my wireless, my landline and DSL is provided by Lumos Networks, which is a fairly localized company.

8) Also in 1984, Michael Jackson was severely burned while filming a Pepsi commercial. Would we find any Pepsi in your kitchen right now?

A. No. We do not drink Pepsi in this house. My husband drinks Diet Dr. Pepper and I drink tea or water, with an occasional ginger ale or root beer thrown in for good measure.

9) Random question: Have you ever been so angry that you kicked or hit an inanimate object?

A. Yes.


 _____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.
 

7 comments:

  1. Knitting and crocheting ... I think I'd like them in theory. There's a woman in church who sits in a faraway pew, all by herself, with her basket and doing whatever it is she's doing with needles. One of my friends is involved with a woman who got so into knitting that she began making (and now selling) her own yarn. And, of course, it's Kwiz' passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a great lifestyle it is! I envy it...the hubs and I would love to live on a small farm, but life didn't work out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep kicking around the idea of having a small farm, to be more self sufficient. I may live in the city now... but the country gal from years past misses the country life! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Bewitched. I still do. I think it's because I loved her home more than her being a witch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at #3. Of course for "tu" I would substitute a specific name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be fun to have a knitting session with you and Zippi! (and any other regular players that knit)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your Spanish sentence! hahahahaha
    I also use a video to do Tai Chi. And, I'm going back to tennis on the Wii to build my strength and endurance back up. I can use the Pause button and sit on the couch for either of them muahahaha! ;o)
    I used to like Pepsi but gave it up a long time ago, and now like Dr. Pepper when ever I get a cola, which is, like, never.
    enjoy the weekend Home on the Range (farm)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.