Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A Turkey in the Persimmon Tree


We came home Monday evening to find not a partridge in a pear tree, but turkeys in the persimmon tree.

This was, by far, the largest flock of turkeys I have seen on the farm. We counted over 30, although not that many show up in the photo. I believe they are this year's hatchlings, because I saw several hens with chicks this summer. It looks like they've teamed up for the winter.

I shot this with my little Nikon Coolpix that I keep in the car (still not used to reaching for the smartphone for the camera). It's a small, thin camera that I picked up for $60 at Walmart a few days after Black Friday about five years ago now. It takes great photos to be so small and slender. I slip it into my coat pocket frequently because it does such a nice job.

Still, I need to remember that I have not only Nikon cameras at my beck and call, but also a smartphone with a decent camera in it.

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.