Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Never Have I Ever

Sunday Stealing: Never Have I Ever

1. Have you ever had chicken pox?

A. I had them when I was a wee lass.

2. Have you ever shopped in Home Depot?

A. Yes, I have, but I do my best not to.

3. Have you ever spied on your neighbors?

A. I see them out and I wave. Does that count?

4. Have you ever ridden in a limo?

A. No, I have not.

5. Have you ever had a pet fish?


A. When I was very small we had an aquarium. I barely remember it.

6. Have you ever lied about your age?


A. Not that I ... oh, wait. I had a fake ID when I was young. So yes, I suppose I did.

7. Have you ever fired a gun?


A. Yes. I have good aim, too.

8. Have you ever been ice skating?

A. Yes, and on a real pond, even. It is not as much fun on a real pond as it looks in the movies; there are bumps and frozen sticks and lots of things to throw you down.

9. Have you ever played golf?


A. I've played Putt-Putt golf. Does that count?

10. Have you ever hidden on Halloween because you had no candy for trick or treaters?


A. We never have trick-or-treaters. Too rural and too far off the road.

11. Have you ever made a prank call?


A. I'm sure I did when I was younger, way back before caller ID.

12. Have you ever gotten a tattoo?

A. No. I have lots of scars, though.

13. Have you ever had a massage?

A. Yes, and they are wonderful.

14. Have you ever locked your keys in the car?


A. True story. Way back around 1986, on the first day of hunting season, I locked my keys in the car while I was working on an article for the newspaper. My husband was working at the fire station, and in those days, if you had to leave, the rule was you had to take the entire day for your vacation. He had to come and rescue me, and all of the firefighters said it was really a trick so he could have the day off to go hunting. It wasn't, but he wasn't all that unhappy about having to rescue me, either.

15. Have you ever ridden a horse?


A. My mother had a horse when I was a child. We also had a pony, which bolted with me on it. I fell off and cracked a rib and refused to get back on the animal. Not long after that my parents decided horses required too much care and they sold them.

16. Have you ever been to the circus?


A. A very long time ago, when I was a child.

17. Have you ever been to Europe?

A. I have been to Spain and France.

18. Have you ever built a fire?

A. Yes. We have a fireplace. I grew up with a fireplace. I was splitting wood well before I hit my tweens.

19. Have you ever been skydiving?


A. No, but I have been up in a hot air balloon. May I have points for that?

20. Have you ever bought something at a garage sale?


A. Of course.

21. Have you ever walked in on someone having sex?

A. Probably my parents but I don't really recall any particular incident.

22. Have you ever faked an injury to get out of something?


A. I had a mole removed from my chest when I was very young. It left a huge scar. In middle school, I told the gym teacher I couldn't do much physical education exercises because I'd had heart surgery, and I showed her my scar. She believed me and I frequently sat out the very sweat-inducing portions of PE.

23. Have you ever been to a nude beach?


A. No, nor do I have any desire to visit one.

24. Have you ever received a speeding ticket?

A. No, I have not.

25. Have you ever run a marathon?

A. Some mornings just managing to dress and prepare myself for the day is like a marathon. But the answer to the question is no, I have not.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. You must have been one good liar/actress to pull that story off for an extended time with your gym teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a quiet straight A student who caused no trouble. Once she saw the scar, she had no reason to doubt me and it didn't occur to her the scar would be from something else. The scar is massive. So it was marked in my chart and that was the end of it. If I tired I sat down and she never said anything about it. I have never been very physical.

      Delete
  2. My small town used to have an outdoor skating rink which was almost hazardous to skate on because of the lumpy bumpy surface. That didn't stop us tweens from skating around and around and around on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in a hot air balloon too. Loved it!

    And I love your scar story! No wonder you grew up to be a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ponies are notorious little bolters! Poor little you.
    Your story about hunting season was so cute.
    We have a fire place, too. Some of the elm wood went into ours, and, like you, I grew up splitting firewood.
    I've never been skating on a pond but my aunts and cousins did that. Ponds are just as you say. A little hazardous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had the chicken pox, but never a fake ID. You go girl! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The circus holds special memories for me as a little girl and even some more recent ones because of a friend. I think, I alone have paid my worth in speeding tickets! Lol! I use to think they just stopped me because I had blonde hair and blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.