Sunday, April 09, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Sassy Questions

Sunday Stealing: The Sassy Questions

1. If you could say anything you wanted to say to Donald Trump, what would you say?

A. I would ask him why he has given me the impression that he thinks some people are "better" than others, and why he has given me the impression that he believes money is more valuable than humanity. I would ask him if he thinks science is false and if he knows the difference between facts and lies. If my impressions are incorrect, then I would ask him to explain to me what it is he really values and why, and ask him how he could correct my impressions (because I suspect I am not the only one with those impressions).

2. If you had to be the mother of Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan, who would you choose and why?

A. Neither.

3. You get to be Queen for a day. The kids are all taken care of, and you can spend as much money as you want. What do you do all day?

A. Go out with a friend to a book store, see a movie, have a nice lunch, maybe purchase new clothes.

4. Is there a song that brings tears to your eyes every time you hear it? If so, which one?

A. Vincent (Starry Starry Night), by Don MacLean.

5. A fairy taps you on the shoulder and tells you that you can either have a perfect face or a perfect body for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?

A. Face. I can hide the body under clothes.

6. If you could live any place in the world and money was no object, where would you live and why?

A. I would live on a cruise ship that travelled the world, so I could see every country and eat at the buffet so I wouldn't have to cook.

7. What is your biggest regret in life?

A. Not having children.

8. If you could go back and visit one person in your life who is now dead, and ask one question, what would that question be and why would you ask it?

A. I would go to my grandfather, my mother's father, and ask him how it felt to be dead, so I would know what to expect when it happens to me.

9. If you had the choice to age forward (like we are now) or aging backwards (think Benjamin Buttons) which would you choose and why?

A. I'd rather just reach 30 and stop, like an elf. If aging backwards means losing wisdom, then I chose the current situation.

10. What will the epitaph on your headstone say?

A. She tried.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

9 comments:

  1. So yesterday I'm crossing the parking lot toward Whole Foods and the lyrics to "Vincent" popped into my head. "The world was never meant for one as beautiful as you." I have no idea why. And today you're mentioning it. How strange.

    BTW, my aunt was in Gaitlinburg recently. She wanted to show her economic support after the fire. It left her both sad and hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answer to #6. I think I have a new dream for retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Myra makes it a trifecta for #6! What a great idea!
    Your proposed epitaph sounds poignant and very relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on #2. Yuck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For #2 I'm glad it didn't say Justin Bieber! Lol! I love Stary Night and I preceded to sing it after reading your answer. Cruise ship idea isn't bad but I think I would get tired of looking at just the ocean. It's not the same out at sea as sitting watching the waves roll into shore. I'd miss our beautiful mountains and wildlife. Love your epitaph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cruise ship idea sounds like fun...except for when there is stormy weather!!! Our son's widow told us that he told her what he wanted as an epitaph was "f**k this sh*t" and so on the gravestone, under 'Funny the World" in tiny letters it says "fts." He would love it -- and it doesn't offend anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. need to borrow - your heading magnificent we did not get pink in moon

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm with you on the cruise ship idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.