Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a woman who doesn't get to see her lover often enough because he's on the night shift. Have you ever worked nights?
A. Yes. When I was an active news reporter, I covered many night meetings, some of which ran long into the wee hours of the morning. Election night coverage was difficult until the paper changed its delivery date from Thursday to Wednesday; after that, we didn't have to stay at the polls to write up the results for the Thursday paper and meet the early Wednesday morning deadline.
2) She promises that if he takes the day off, she'll make it feel like a vacation. Have you traveled anywhere fun so far this year? Do you have any leisure trips planned for 2017?
A. We have not made any travel plans for 2017 nor have we been anywhere outside of the local area. We want to go inland, like to Tennessee or Kentucky or somewhere in that direction this year. Any suggestions?
3) The ladies of Fifth Harmony are enthusiastic supporters of the Girl Scouts, rewarding troops who excel in fundraising activities with free concerts. The Scouts' best-known fundraiser is their cookie sale. What's your favorite cookie (Girl Scout or otherwise)?
A. Chocolate chip. Preferably, a homemade one.
4) Fifth Harmony also participated in Goodwill's Fall Haul campaign. They encouraged high school students donate as many items as possible to Goodwill, and the winning school got a free concert. When did you last take gently-used items to a resale organization?
A. Back before the holidays, or immediately thereafter. I can't remember which.
5) Do you ever shop second-hand or thrift stores?
A. Generally I do not. I am highly allergic to molds and dust and I find those places trigger my asthma. Even Goodwill tends to smell like old musty cardboard.
6) Fifth Harmony member Normani Kordei competes on Dancing with the Stars this season. Would you do better on DWTS or The Voice? In other words, are you a better singer or dancer?
A. I am a better singer than dancer, but I do not consider myself to be someone who excels at either.
7) In February 2016, when this song was first released, The Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl and Spotlight won the Best Picture Oscar. Can you recall who won the 2017 Super Bowl and Best Picture Oscar, just two months ago?
A. The Super Bowl was the Patriots and La La Land won the Oscar. I didn't look it up. How did I do? (*Ok, I went and looked. I failed the Oscar one. Moonlight apparently won that.)
8) 2016's most popular TV show was Game of Thrones. Are you a fan?
A. Oh yes. However, I do not have a favorite character as they all tend to die in that show.
9) Random Question: What's the subject line of the newest message in your email spam folder?
A. HARP Refinance Program Has Helped Millions, See If You're Eligible
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.