Sunday Stealing: The Boat Questions
1. YOU HAVE 10 BUCKS AND NEED TO BUY SNACKS AT A GAS STATION. WHAT DO YOU GET?
A. A bottle of water, a Milky Way Midnight, and a banana, if they sell them. At gas station prices, I think that is about all one could afford.
2. IF YOU WERE REINCARNATED AS SOME SORT OF SEA DWELLING CREATURE, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
A. I don't want to be a sea creature. But I suppose I would be a bioluminescent octopus. (The link goes to pictures.)
3. WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE REDHEAD?
A. I don't know. Lucille Ball?
4. WHAT DO YOU ORDER WHEN YOU'RE AT A DINER?
A. A chicken salad sandwich.
5. LAST BOOK YOU READ?
A. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Doug Adams
6. DESCRIBE YOUR FAVORITE PAIR OF UNDERWEAR?
A. I don't have a favorite pair. They are underwear.
7. DESCRIBE THE LAST TIME YOU WERE INJURED.
A. I had a paper cut earlier in the week. It bled.
8. ROCK CONCERT OR SYMPHONY? LAST SEEN?
A. I don't get out much so either would be fine. My last rock concert would have been Elton John about 15 years ago. My last symphony would have been about the same time, I guess.
9. IF SOMEONE WERE TO BUY YOU A GIFT, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE IT TO BE?
A. Whatever they believe I would like. If they care enough to buy me something, I am not going to orchestrate their purchase.
But I would buy myself more books, even though I don't have room for them.
10. WHAT TYPE OF SHIRT DO YOU BEST IN?
A. A T-shirt.
11. IF YOU COULD USE ONLY ONE FORM OF TRANSPORTATION FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A. A car, I guess, if we're not counting walking. Otherwise I would like to keep my legs, thank you very much.
12. WHAT IS YOUR DEADLY SIN?
A. Gluttony, I suppose, since I am an emotional eater.
13. MOST RECENT MOVIE YOU'VE WATCHED IN A THEATER? RATE IT.
A. The last movie I saw in a theater was Stars Wars: The Force Awakens. It was OK and I liked that the movie featured a heroine, even if she was short-changed in the advertisements. Last night on HBO I watched Batman v. Superman and that was one weird show. I really wanted to feel something at the end, but I didn't. Wonder Woman made a great appearance, though, and I am looking forward to that movie in 2017. (The link goes to a movie trailer - check it out if you haven't.)
14. IF YOU COULD INVENT ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
A. A better health care system.
15. NAME AN ACTOR/ACTRESS YOU'VE HAD THE HOTS FOR?
A. I am too old and too long married for "the hots" for any actor. I liked Orlando Bloom as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings but don't really care for him in other things (same with Viggo Mortenson, who played Aragorn).
16. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CITY? LAST TIME THERE?
A. I don't have a favorite city.
17. WHAT'S THE FIRST WORD THAT COMES TO MIND RIGHT NOW?
A. Silly. That's how I feel answering these questions at 7:00 a.m. on a Sunday because I forgot to do them yesterday.
18. WHAT TYPE OF PET DO YOU HAVE?
A. I have a herd of cows. Otherwise I do not have pets.
19. WHERE HAVE YOU LIVED THE LONGEST?
A. Where I am now. We have lived in this house for 29 years.
20. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON THAT SPENT $100 ON YOU?
A. Probably myself, although with Christmas coming that could change to my husband.
21. WHAT'S THE LAST PIECE OF CLOTHING YOU BOUGHT?
A. A pull-over short-sleeved sweater that was on sale at J.C. Penny's for $10, regular cost $52.
22. WHAT WAS/IS YOUR FAVORITE JOB?
A. Being a news writer.
23. WHO MAKES YOU LAUGH THE MOST??
A. My husband.
24. WHAT ARE YOU CRAVING?
25. WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?
A. I have a list of things to try to do today and I hope I feel well enough to get them done. I also have the Shrek version of Leonard Cohen's song Hallelujah stuck in my head as an earworm.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.