These are the results of a study that compared women’s and men’s beliefs in paranormal phenomenon like witchcraft, aliens, ghosts and folklore. Do you think these statistics are true? (The test is online here; the results are from more than 11,000 people who have taken the test.)
1. 78% of women (compared to 51% of men) believe that we are meant to cross paths with certain people. Women were also more likely to believe in soul-mates (63% vs. 43%) and destiny (61% vs. 42%).
2. 39% of men believe that the Bermuda triangle poses a danger to ships and airplanes (compared to 26% of women).
3. 65% of women (compared to 49% of men) think that certain people are destined for greatness.
4. 43% of men consider it entirely possible that aliens have either already landed on Earth or will do so in the future (compared to 36% of women)
5. 71% of women (compared to 56% of men) trust that there is life after death.
6. 70% of men have no doubt that there is life on other planets (compared to 58% of women).
7. 72% of women (compared to 52% of men) believe in ghosts.
8. 26% of men believe in Big Foot (compared to 22% of women)
9. 66% of women (compared to 47% of men) feel that the future can be predicted and that prophecies can come true.
10. 18% of men believe in alien abductions (compared to 14% of women)
11. 48% of women (compared to 30% of men) believe that they have had several past lives.
12. 40% of men believe in the conspiracy theory that governments are hiding proof of alien existence (compared to 36% of women).
13. 67% of women (compared to 52% of men) believe what goes around comes around, and that people will get back what they give to the world (e.g. angry, hostile people are more likely to live in an angry, hostile world).
An equal amount of men and women believe in the Loch Ness monster (36%), and that the world will end in an apocalypse of Biblical proportions (21%).
(These results were sent to me in a press release from Queendom.com and Psychtests.com.)
Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list
you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing
for a while and this is my 472nd time
to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.