The Silver Thanksgiving Questions
|This is a turkey butt.|
A. Generally just one, although there have been years where my husband and I have had a mini-Thanksgiving and then attended a big feast at my in-laws, due to work schedules (my husband is a firefighter and my brother-in-law is a police investigator).
2. Where do you attend Thanksgiving(s)?
A. This year it was at my house. In the past, I have attended Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's house, my parents' house, and my grandmother's house.
3. What is your favorite dish?
A. I like good stuffing with gravy on it.
4. What is your least favorite dish at Thanksgiving?
A. Anything with coconut in it.
5. What, if any, are your Thanksgiving traditions?
A. They are changing as we age. I think the main tradition is we eat at 6 p.m.
6. Name your FAV thing about Thanksgiving.
A. I don't really have one. To be honest, I'd just as soon skip the holiday.
|Run turkeys, run!|
A. This year I cooked the turkey, made candied yams, stuffing, cooked kale, rolls, and baked a pie. In past years I have mostly been responsible for the turkey, but this year I did everything.
8. Out of everything you eat at Thanksgiving, what can YOU cook the best?
A. All of it.
9. What do you drink with your Thanksgiving feast?
A. Water. I only drink water. Although I confess around 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving day, I would not have turned down a big drink of liquor.
10. Has there ever been a feud during your Thanksgiving?
A. When I was young, my parents fought every holiday.
11. Do you have appetizers before your Thanksgiving meal?
12. How many people attend your Thanksgiving(s)? If yes, who?
A. This year there was only three of us: me, my husband, and my mother-in-law. In years past, we have had large gatherings with me, my husband, my MIL and FIL, my SIL and her husband, her two boys. At my parents house, prior to 2000 when my mother died, we had my husband and me, my parents, my brother, my SIL and their three kids.
13. Have you ever missed a Thanksgiving?
14. What kind of pie/cake/dessert do you eat for dessert?
A. This year we had apple pie.
15. Do you ever play games at Thanksgiving?
16. Name 3 things you are thankful for.
A. Blue Skies, music, and tomorrows.
17. Is there anyone who has normally attended Thanksgiving, that will not be there this year? Who?
A. My nephews were absent this year.
18. Name the funniest person at your Thanksgiving this year and tell us more.
A. Usually that was one of the boys.
19. Which person eats the MOST?
A. I don't keep track.
20. Which person eats the LEAST?
A. I don't keep track, sorry.
21. Do any animals attend Thanksgiving dinner?
A. Just the dead turkey on the platter.
22. If so, do they get Thanksgiving scraps?
23. Who carves the turkey?
A. I do.
24. Have you ever had to make Thanksgiving all on YOUR OWN?
A. I did this year, yes.
25. Do you get along with the people you have thanksgiving with?
A. I try.
26. Is your Thanksgiving formal, or do you just do whatever?
A. We are winging it, so to speak, as circumstances change. It is what happens as children and parents age.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.