Saturday, November 19, 2016

Saturday 9: Cabaret

Saturday 9: Cabaret (1972)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Liza Minnelli encourages you to put down "the knitting, the book and the broom." Which of those three were you most recently doing: knitting, reading or housework?

A. I was recently doing all three. I have recently taken up knitting (not finding it very meditative or helpful), I am always reading, and I just cleared off my desk. Well, sort of. At least I can see the top of it now.

2) She sings that we shouldn't allow "some prophet of doom to wipe every smile away?" Do you know anyone who reliably looks at the downside of life?

A. :::Raises hand.:::

3) In 1972, when this recording was popular, so was The Brady Bunch. In the two-part season premiere, The Bradys went to Hawaii. Do you have any warm weather vacation plans this fall/winter?

A. If I die and the Christians are right, I guess I will end up in Hell. Otherwise, no.

4) Though not her uncle, just a friend to both of her parents, Liza always called  Frank Sinatra as "Uncle Frank." Is there an older person in your life who isn't a blood relative, but who refer to as "aunt" or "uncle?"

A. Not that I can think of.

5) Liza collapsed onstage during a Christmas concert in 2007. She says she'd been nauseous before she went on and simply fainted. Sam has never fainted. Have you?

A. When I was in my teens I did. I have also fainted a few times after surgeries.

6) People are often surprised when they learn Liza is good friends with Gene Simmons -- the KISS member with the long tongue. Tell us about one of your good friends.

A. None of them have long tongues.

7) Liza told US Magazine that she loves to eat at Olive Garden. Do you?

A. Not particularly.

8) She keeps apple juice and yogurt in her refrigerator at all times. Would we find either in your refrigerator right now?

A. Concord grape juice, unsweetened tea, yogurt, lettuce, carrots, radishes, Boost, salad dressing, mayo, chocolate pudding, deli ham, cheese.

9)  Random question: Which would be a more frustrating dinner companion -- someone who won't shut up, or someone who won't say a word?

A. The person who won't shut up.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

8 comments:

  1. #2 I guess I can say the same about myself, I've been very down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry you haven't been able to see the bright side lately. I hope that changes for you as we move into the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to learn knitting because when I watched others do it, it seemed so soothing, mindless even as they talk and knit, watch TV and knit....YEAH, NOT FOR ME!! I am completely hopeless. The older women at work even gave me "remedial" knitting lessons and it wasn't happening. My mom finally got me a set of looms and I can manage to crank out a hat or a scarf on those, but I can't say it's relaxing or soothing.

    Please don't go and die....just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please. You will be the last one in line for the heaven alternative....
    Have a good Thanksgiving Dew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an aunt who knitted and found it very soothing. I found myself always worrying about the pattern and fingering. Not soothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I lived closer so I could help you with knitting. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting is a bit hard to learn, the curve seems long and deep, but proficiency is really a "bam" sort of experience. Like Kwizgiver, I love to knit. LOVE it! But, I'm in a funk. And, speaking of funk, I do not believe that Question #2 describes your true persona, or any of us in the long term. BIG HUGS!!! I am going to battle over this last thing with the, er, Orange Tomcat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.