Saturday 9: Cabaret (1972)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Liza Minnelli encourages you to put down "the knitting, the book and the broom." Which of those three were you most recently doing: knitting, reading or housework?
A. I was recently doing all three. I have recently taken up knitting (not finding it very meditative or helpful), I am always reading, and I just cleared off my desk. Well, sort of. At least I can see the top of it now.
2) She sings that we shouldn't allow "some prophet of doom to wipe every smile away?" Do you know anyone who reliably looks at the downside of life?
A. :::Raises hand.:::
3) In 1972, when this recording was popular, so was The Brady Bunch. In the two-part season premiere, The Bradys went to Hawaii. Do you have any warm weather vacation plans this fall/winter?
A. If I die and the Christians are right, I guess I will end up in Hell. Otherwise, no.
4) Though not her uncle, just a friend to both of her parents, Liza always called Frank Sinatra as "Uncle Frank." Is there an older person in your life who isn't a blood relative, but who refer to as "aunt" or "uncle?"
A. Not that I can think of.
5) Liza collapsed onstage during a Christmas concert in 2007. She says she'd been nauseous before she went on and simply fainted. Sam has never fainted. Have you?
A. When I was in my teens I did. I have also fainted a few times after surgeries.
6) People are often surprised when they learn Liza is good friends with Gene Simmons -- the KISS member with the long tongue. Tell us about one of your good friends.
A. None of them have long tongues.
7) Liza told US Magazine that she loves to eat at Olive Garden. Do you?
A. Not particularly.
8) She keeps apple juice and yogurt in her refrigerator at all times. Would we find either in your refrigerator right now?
A. Concord grape juice, unsweetened tea, yogurt, lettuce, carrots, radishes, Boost, salad dressing, mayo, chocolate pudding, deli ham, cheese.
9) Random question: Which would be a more frustrating dinner companion -- someone who won't shut up, or someone who won't say a word?
A. The person who won't shut up.
I encourage you to visit
other participants in Saturday
9 posts and leave a
comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate
rules. We love memes,