Saturday 9: The Last Time I Saw Him (1973)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Miss Ross sings of a tender farewell at the bus station. When did you last say goodbye to someone at an airport, dock, train or bus station?
A. I told my husband goodbye back in June when he and his mother flew to Chicago to celebrate her brother's 90th birthday.
2) Continuing with the theme of "lasts," who received the last gift you gave?
A. My husband. I paid for him to take a ride in a stockcar at the Pocono Raceway. He loved it.
3) Who last did you a favor?
A. My brother. He loaned me his hotspot so I could use it when we went on vacation last week.
4) What's the last thing you dropped or broke?
A. Probably a glass or something. I don't recall breaking anything important in a long while. My husband, now . . .
5) What's the last thing you borrowed or lent?
A. The aforementioned hotspot would be the last thing I borrowed.
6) When is the last time you danced?
A. I sometimes do a little shimmy after I've showered. Does that count? But I haven't been "dancing" in 30 years.
7) When were you last nervous?
A. I am always nervous. But yesterday when we were driving home from Pennsylvania on Interstate 81, I was REALLY nervous because everyone drives like maniacs on that road, and there were at least four accidents that caused major backups. Thankfully we knew that US 11 runs adjacent to I-81 most of the way, so we hopped off and on to bypass the traffic jams. It only took us about 9 hours to get home - should have taken about 7.
8) What was your last DIY project?
A. Does trying to declutter count? If so, I am currently in the midst of it. Otherwise, the last major home improvement project I personally did was to tear the wallpaper off the kitchen walls and repaint them. That was in 2010. And I am always a project in the making - as we all are (or should be).
9) When did you last check your horoscope? Was it accurate?
A. I guess last weekend, before we left town. I haven't had time to catch up on the newspapers. I don't recall if it was accurate. Horoscopes are like tarot cards - something to give you a new way to look at current circumstances, maybe. Or maybe just something to give you a laugh.
I encourage you to
visit other participants in Saturday
9 posts and leave a
comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate
rules. We love memes,