Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Stealing: Doodley-Do

From Sunday Stealing

Doodley-Do Meme

1. Do you keep notes, drawings or letters that people give you? A. For a while, anyway. Some I keep forever.
 
2. How many true best friends are present in your life? A. How can one determine that? I have many friends, some of whom only turn up during a crisis, others who are there but I don't speak too often, and others who seem to know when to call because I need them.

3. Do you currently have a significant other? A. I've been married for 32 years. I hope it is significant.

4. Would you be able to stand being in the same room as someone you hate? A. Yes. But there are not many people I hate. There are some I am not fond of, but I don't hate them or wish them harm.
 
5. Do you depend on people at all, in any way? A. Of course. Everyone does, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. (My apologies to any Sunday Stealers who think they go it alone; I contend you have not thought it through.)

6. Have you ever lost a close friend? A. Yes.

7. Has anybody ever held a grudge against you for a dumb reason? A. I'm sure they have.
 
8. Have you ever stayed up late talking to someone you like on the phone or online? A. When I was young. Older people go to bed early. They have jobs and households to take care of.

9. Have you ever felt backstabbed by a close friend? A. Hasn't everyone?

10. Have you ever regretted ignoring anybody? A. I'm human, so yes.

11. Has a friend of yours ever confessed their love to you? A. Yes.

12. Have you written or drawn anything for somebody else? A. Yes.

13. Do you tend to hide your emotions from certain people? How do you hide them? A. Yes. I smile when I shouldn't, or crack a joke.

14. Do your friends know how to make you smile in tough times? A. Some of them do, yes.

15. Could you picture yourself on a reality TV show? A. I would last about 1/2 day on Survivor, I can't cook, and I have no designer style. Unless the reality show was about staring out a window, I don't think so.

16. Are you better at drawing or coloring? A. I have recently taken up coloring and seem to be fairly good at it.

17. Do you prefer meat or seafood? A. Seafood is meat, isn't it? But I have developed a fish allergy so I do not eat seafood anymore.

18. Have you ever read the Bill of Rights / Declaration of Independence? A. Yes. I can recite the preamble without looking because I learned it from School House Rock when I was young. Everyone should read the entire U.S. Constitution once in a while.
 
19. Would you rather become a police officer or a firefighter? A. I am not physically qualified to do either, and after being married to a firefighter my whole adult life, I would say that many people are not mentally qualified to do either job. They are difficult roles and society devalues them, when they should instead be grateful that there exist people who will put their own safety on the line for others. Selfless professions should be greatly rewarded and highly regarded, and we have it backwards.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. Schoolhouse rock was the best. They could never do anything like that today without adding a ton of commercials to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reality TV answer...but you left out the whole mating-and-dating by script genre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't make it to the location on survivor and the ads for "American Grit" made me wanna hurl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firefighters are distinctly unique in their critical thinking and their bravery. Hug your man for my family, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your answers are showing how much we think alike on many things.
    Adult coloring is great, isn't it? At least when I find one that doesn't have too many tiny little spaces to color...I don't find those relaxing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 18. Better at coloring than drawing, prefer meat to seafood.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.