Saturday 9: What Hurts the Most (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) What hurts Sam the most is her sole, since she just found that earring she thought was lost by stepping on it with her bare foot. How about you? Any aches and pains to report?
A. Nothing overly new, except my lower back where the chiropractor worked on it Friday is a bit tender. Otherwise same ol' same ol'.
2) What's the last thing you misplaced? Did you find it?
A. A pair of kitchen scissors, which I lost at least six months ago or better, suddenly appeared just today. I have sworn off chocolate and was reaching around in an upper cabinet where I had been known to stash a candy bar, hoping I'd missed something, and lo, there was my scissors. But no chocolate.
3) Lead singer Gary LeVox sings that he's not afraid to cry. When is the last time you shed a tear?
A. Not that long ago; I have been trying so hard to improve my pain situation with physical therapy and the insurance company decided I had to go to a "home program." Within two weeks, things started going downhill and have continued to decline. Stupid insurance.
4) Gary auditioned for another country group, Little Big Town, but didn't get in. Considering how successful Rascal Flatts has been, he's probably not sorry. Tell us about something you thought you wanted, but later weren't so sure.
A. I thought I wanted to be a teacher, but after attempting it, I determined it was not really for me. Too petrified in front of the students, and too independent to really get with the rules and regulations.
5) The country group has their roots in Columbus, Ohio. What else is Ohio known for?
A. Something to do with voting? Or that Joe Plumber dude? An O at the beginning and another at the end?
6) Lead guitarist Joe Don Rooney married model and former Miss Georgia, Tiffany Fallon. Many major pageants give prizes in the talent, congeniality and swimsuit competitions. Would you prefer to have exceptional skills, a great personality, or a terrific body?
A. Exceptional skills and the will to use them.
7) 2006, the year this song was popular, was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments, and won three. What's the last game you won? (Yes, Words with Friends counts.)
8) Actor Tony Shalhoub won an Emmy in 2006 for his portrayal of detective Adrian Monk on Monk. Who's your favorite TV detective?
A. Christine Cagney on Cagney & Lacey. Yes, I am old school.
9) Random question ... You've just won an all-expenses-paid trip but now you have to choose: Carnivale in Brazil, the Bordeaux Wine Festival in France, or the Running of the Bulls in Spain?
A. Oh, let's go to France. I would like to see Paris again.
I encourage you to visit other
participants in Saturday
9 posts and leave a comment.
Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We