Saturday 9: Mama (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Gamal Lewis got the nickname "LunchMoney" in 10th grade because of his round cheeks and because lunch was his favorite part of the school day. What do you recall about lunchtime in the school cafeteria?
A. When I was in high school, at least twice I managed to throw my retainers in the trash bins, and I then missed sixth period to go toss myself into said bins and hunt for the darned thing. I found it each time, wrapped in a napkin. I would take it home, boil it in bleach water, and use it. It was either that or tell my parents I lost them, and they were expensive.
2) His father and uncle were members of the band Inner Circle. Their song, "Bad Boys" was the theme to the reality show Cops. What reality show have you seen recently?
A. Survivor is the only one I watch.
3) In this song, Mr. Lewis sings that his mama taught him how to put on pajamas. What did you wear to bed last night?
A. A nightgown.
4) He claims he can't ever lie to his mama because she'll hear it in his voice. Are you a convincing liar?
A. I don't think so.
5) LunchMoney sings that his mama made him chicken soup when he was sick. Do you eat soup all year around, only during winter months, or just when you're battling a cold?
A. I eat soup all year round.
6) The lyrics tell us that when her son was hungry, Mama reliably whipped something up. What's the last food you prepared?
A. I had an egg sandwich.
7) He also sings that his mama always made sure he had a few dollars in his pocket. Let's talk about you and money. Did you more recently lend or borrow it?
A. Borrowed it from the bank.
8) Mother's Day is for grandmothers, too. Sam grew up calling her grandmother "Grandgran." Did you have a nickname for your grandmother?
A. I just called her Grandma.
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away her own mother's favorite candy: Hershey Bars. Would you prefer milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate with almonds?
A. Dark chocolate.
I encourage you to visit other
participants in Saturday
9 posts and leave a comment.
Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We