Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
(New song for me!)
|Clouds from 2009|
1) This song begins by mentioning clouds. Do you see clouds in the sky this fine Saturday?
A. There are a few clouds dotting the sky as I answer this question. Mostly, though, it is sunny and the sky a wonderful robin's egg blue.
2) Lead singer Zac Barnett sings that, "Everything is looking up." What are you looking forward to today?
A. Saturday, after nearly a year since our original purchase and a bunch of BS, our new sofa and loveseat is supposed to be delivered. I so hope these don't fall apart or smell terribly or are the wrong color or something. I will be glad to stop sitting in lawn chairs.
3) 2016 is not yet half over, but what's been your best day so far this year?
|My man is so sweet.|
A. That's rather difficult to answer, but I will go with sometime around February 5, when my husband gave me an early Valentines present that consisted of jewelry AND chocolate. What more could a girl want?
4) The members of the group, American Authors, met in college. When is the last time you heard from a school chum? Do you know them from grammar school, high school or college?
A. Thanks to Facebook, a number of my school friends are around. I suppose the last one I talked to was one I went all the way through grammar school and high school with; he is also my husband's first cousin. I went to school with my husband, too. And my brother. If you want to count "not family," then I last heard from a college classmate who was looking for information about freelancing.
5) One of the all-time best-selling American authors is romance writer Danielle Steele. She's been writing for more than 40 years and has sold more than 800 million books. Have you read any of her work?
A. I have and I confess I do not understand her popularity. Her writing is terribly uneven and stereotypical. Nora Roberts does a better job of story telling, in my opinion.
6) Have you ever dreamed of being an author?
A. Yes. I tossed my one completed novel in the trash about three years. It was terrible and deserved its fate.
7) Do you have an e-reader?
A. I have a Nook, a Kindle Paperwhite, and a Kindle Fire.
8) American Authors rang in 2016 in Chicago, giving an outdoor concert on New Year's Eve on a stage not far from Lake Michigan. There are 5 Great Lakes in all, including Lake Michigan. Without looking it up, name the other 4.
9) Random question: You see photos on Facebook of a dinner party hosted by a friend. You recognize most of the attendees, yet you weren't invited. How do you feel? Left out and angry? Do you wonder what you may have done to offend your friend? Or do you just forget about it and move on?
A. Rationally, I would not be offended or hurt or anything else. I don't throw parties and most of my friends have dogs or cats and know I am not able to visit their homes without a trip to the emergency room for an asthma attack. So they would not ask me, anyway, and I would appreciate their acknowledgement of my health issue. Would I like to have a more active social life? Yes. Will I ever? No. It is what it is, but that does make me a little sad.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.