Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday 9: Times of Your Life

Saturday 9: The Times of Your Life (1976)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is all about memories. How far back can you remember? What's your earliest memory?

A. I was three years old because I remember my brother as a baby, and he is three years younger than I.

2) The first line is "Good morning, yesterday." What do you remember about yesterday morning?

A. Yesterday morning, which would have been Thursday because I'm answering this on Friday, I had to get up and dressed early because I had a 7:45 a.m. doctor's appointment.

3) This song was originally a 60-second jingle, featured in a commercial for Kodak film. Do you ever use film? Or are all your pictures digital?

A. Now they are all digital. I used to use film.

4) Who took the most recent photo of you?

A. I have no idea.

5) This week's featured artist, Paul Anka, was born in Canada and enjoyed appearing in a made-for-TV Perry Mason movie with fellow Canadian, Raymond Burr. Do you enjoy courtroom dramas?

A. Not particularly.

6) At 15, Anka won a supermarket contest by collecting the most Campbell soup can wrappers. The prize was a trip to New York. Do you enter contests and sweepstakes? Play the lottery?

A. I play the lottery sometimes but not frequently. I like to get the scratch off tickets for Christmas.

7) This year Paul Anka performed throughout Florida (Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater and Fort Myers). The Sunshine State is a popular vacation destination. Do you have a favorite spot in Florida?

A. I have been to Disney, but otherwise I don't know much about Florida. I'm pretty happy here in Virginia.

8) In 1976, the year this song was on the charts, an earthquake hit China. Have you ever experienced an earthquake?

A. No. There was one in Virginia a few years ago that was felt all the way into New York and down to Georgia, and I was driving along the highway at the time and never noticed a thing.

9) Random question: Do you know CPR?

A. Sort of. My husband, who is an EMT, has shown me the basics but I would be hesitant to try it unless I was the only person around.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

5 comments:

  1. My late uncle was big on giving scratch-and-win tickets as stocking stuffers. Maybe I should revive the tradition this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia is on my list of places to visit. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my nieces & nephews turned 18, I bought them scratch tickets to celebrate being lottery legal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginia definitely has it's merits too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say this song is familiar. I remember more about yesterday afternoon and evening than I do the morning. Took a shower, went on the computer for about an hour before leaving for work, but other than that? Rien. As for contests...I enter some on Goodreads about once a week or so, and received notification this week that I won a new mystery book due out in May. Have never been to Florida or been in an earthquake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.