Saturday, November 28, 2015

Saturday 9: Black

Saturday 9: Black Is Black (1966)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 27, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?
 
A. I did not go out, but I did a little online shopping. I did not feel like I managed bargains, though. More like I paid the price the things were actually worth to begin with.

2) WalMart, Best Buy, Toys R Us and Target have all heavily advertised their "Black Friday" sales. If you could have a $50 gift card to one of those stores, which would choose? What would you spend the $50 on?

A. If I had to chose, I would go to Best Buy and purchase ink for the printer.

3) Star Wars items are predicted to be big sellers this Black Friday. Are you a big sci-fi fan? Are there any sci-fi fans on your holiday gift list?

A. I am a big science fiction and fantasy fan. I live and breathe the Lord of the Rings. If someone would give me a Legolas doll for Christmas I would be ecstatic. :-) I like Star Wars but am more into fantasy. My brother is also into similar movies and books. He is the only other nerd on my holiday gift list.

4) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include pigging out or watching a game?

A. Eating was on big on Thursday, with leftovers Friday night. But no football games for me.

5) At Thanksgiving dinners, Crazy Sam's homemade gravy is always a hit. (Probably because she's so generous with the cognac, which gives the gravy a nutty taste.) Do you have a signature dish?

A. I usually fix the turkey for Thanksgiving, which is held at my mother-in-law's house. Aside from making killer fudge, I am not known for other dishes.

6) What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2015?

A. I am thankful that I have a good husband, a nice home, and good friends. And Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing and the people who play these memes with me.

7) Monday is Cyber Monday, when shoppers can save big online. Do you shop confidently over the Internet, or do you worry about security breaches and identity theft?

A. I had my credit card numbers stolen online once, and it was scary. I worry a great deal about this and try to sidestep it by having a single credit card I use online and taking advantage of the various alerts my bank offers.

8) This week's featured band, Los Bravos, was international. Their members came from both Germany and Spain. If you could travel to any foreign country in the world, which would you choose?

A. I would love to visit Ireland/England/Scotland. I'd have to take a long trip and do all three.

9) The band's name, Los Bravos, can be translated to mean, "The Brave." Do you consider yourself gutsy?

A. Not so much anymore, but when I was younger I was rather fearless. For example, I went up in a hot air balloon. I took a ride in a twin engine plane with an old drunk guy. I went for a long ride deep into the National Forest to explore a cave full of endangered bats. I went into a burning building (it was a firefighter's training building, and firefighters were with me, but it was still on fire). All of those were to "get the story" when I was an avid and daring news reporter. I don't do things like that anymore.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.


7 comments:

  1. Your answer to #9 made me swallow hard. Yes, I'd say that was all very gutsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun read these answers were. And, you really are gutsy!
    Isn't Sci-fi fun!?
    Bud had some good suggestions for cyber safety.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want to visit the same countries. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! you've done many things i would never have the guts to do!

    i haven't had fudge in a loooooong time! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to give Best Buy gift cards to my son. I can never go wrong with that gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must have been fun being a news reporter and getting to try different things all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number Seven is a great idea! I just opened a PayPal account (after being reassured many times that it was VERY safe) for online purchases. WOW number Nine! That airplane ride sounds terrifying!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.