Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Stealing: Let's Not Be Difficult

From Sunday Stealing

Let's Not Be Difficult


1. Do you like your movies and books to be more lighthearted or serious?

A. It depends on my mood. Sometimes you want to laugh, sometimes you want to cry.
 
2. What’s more important, first impressions or lasting impact?

A. Lasting impact. First impressions can be wrong, if the other party is open-minded enough to afford the other a second chance and another opportunity to acquit oneself in a more appropriate manner. That said, I think many people lose out on what might have been good friendships because of poor first impressions.

3. Order these areas of psychological health from what you need the least improvement into what you need the most improvement in: physical, emotional, social, intellectual, environmental, spiritual

A. Intellectual, environmental, social, spiritual, physical, emotional
 
4. Do you react appropriately to things and control your feelings?

A. I certainly hope so. I am sure, though, that I have my moments. Don't we all? I mean, come on, KG, why are you asking all of these questions? :::sob:::
 
5. Do you have stable relationships?

A. I've been married for 32 years. I have friendships that have lasted as long. So I would say yes.
 
6. Do you need to be in a relationship to feel good about yourself?

A. No, but a relationship is nice to have.
 
7. Which is the clearest and most concise, your thoughts, your speech or your writing? Which is the least clear and concise?

A. My thoughts, my writing, and my speech. The latter would be the answer to the second query.
 
8. Are you always trying to learn new things?

A. Yes. Today I learned that Windows 8.1 really is as bad as I thought it was, and I can hardly wait for Windows 10 to come out.
 
9. Do you feel at peace?

A. I am content at the moment.
 
10. Do you have strong morals and ethics that you believe in and adhere to?

A. Yes.
 
11. Do you think of the needs of all humanity or just the needs of yourself and those you know?

A. I tend to think of the needs of all, and we are doing a pitiful job of taking care of one another.
 
12. Do you recycle?

A. Yes.
 
13. Are you active in your community?

A. I was when I was well.
 
14. Are you sensitive to the needs of others?

A. I try to be.
 
15. Do you dress up to go out?

A. Yes.
 
16. What could make you lose respect for someone?

A. Finding out that they have chosen to be a misinformed or uninformed idiot.
 
17. If you won $1,000 every week until you die, would you still go to work?

A. No.

18. What trend has been getting on your nerves lately?

A. It would be nice if people would stop shooting one another. I hate that this has become so commonplace that the headlines scarcely cause alarm in the United States.

19. Do you forgive yourself when you make a mistake?

A. Not until I've had 40 lashes and worn a hair shirt for three months.
 
20. Is ignorance really bliss?

A. Ignorance may be bliss, but it does not make for good economic policy, nor is it any way to lead the House of Representatives in the United States Congress.
 
21. What can be described as ‘even better than the real thing’?

A. Well, let's see. Coca Cola is the real thing. It used to have real cocaine in it, I understand, so I suppose that means cocaine would be better than the real thing.

22. What’s in your wallet right now?

A. A couple dollars, a receipt for a brand new Dell computer tower (with Windows 8.1 on it, which as stated aforesaid, sucks), and some change.
 
23. Do you write letters that you never send?

A. Yes.
 
24. Do you ever get the feeling people are laughing at you?

A. I just laugh with them, so it doesn't matter.
 
25. Who’s the one person you’d like to drop a house on?

A. Oh my.  Could we put all the GOP candidates in a cluster and let it fall on them, forcing the Grand Old Party to start over, this time perhaps with people who do not make them look like a bunch of old white guys from the 1950s who are hell-bent on segregation and dehumanizing women and poor people? I honestly would like to see them field a decent candidate, not a clown.

________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. You want our Congress to take its collective head out of the sand?? Ha! I don't see that happening. They seem pretty darn content in their ignorance.

    Maybe if they went back to that original Coke recipe we'd all feel a lot better about things. LOL Idiots in Washington? Pass me a Coke. Another mass shooting? Pass me a Coke. Sunday Stealing questions that make my brain hurt (#3)....pass me a Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #24 is awesome. I love your answers. #4 = ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contentment is good. And yes, we all have our moments.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 18 -- YES! Gun violence here has steadily risen since the idiot governor weakened or overturned gun laws. Sadly, he sees no correlation. I swear we hear reports of "shots fired" at least every other day now, and it's even worse in Milwaukee, which has already passed last years record for violent deaths, most of which were due to gun violence.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.