Saturday, April 18, 2015

Saturday 9: Neon Lights

Saturday 9: Neon Lights (2013)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Think of a neon sign you pass by often. What does it say?

A. "Open." But then we have this big neon star on Mill Mountain in Roanoke.


A picture of it all lit up is at this link.

 2) In the video for this song, Demi Lovato spends a great deal of time in the water. When is the last time you swam?

A. Probably 2012, when we went to the beach.

3) The song encourages us to "look up at the sky." OK, we will. How does the sky look where you are today?

A. It's mostly cloudy. Well, it was last night when I answered these questions, but this morning at 7:50 a.m., the sky is a wonderful blue with a little haze.

4) Demi is a contributing editor for Seventeen magazine. When she was in junior high school, Crazy Sam eagerly awaited each new issue of Seventeen. When you were younger, what magazine(s) did you read regularly?

A.  True Story. My mother brought it home with her from the grocery store. I also read (and still read), Reader's Digest.

5) Demi is an investor in the company that makes Texas Tea, a bottled beverage available at Whole Foods. Do you have any tea in your kitchen right now?

A. Yes.

6) Demi is currently on tour, performing halfway around the world in Australia and New Zealand. Have you ever had a job that required travel?

A. No.

7) Demi had a recurring role on the show Glee. That show's series finale aired last month. Is there a show that's no longer on that you miss?

A. Xena: Warrior Princess, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Star Trek: Voyager, and Cagney & Lacey.

8) Fast-growing fast food chain Chipotle reports that their top sellers include a burrito bowl with steak or chicken, salad with chili-corn salsa, and a soft taco. Which of these would you order?

A. None of the above. (I have never eaten at Chipotle.)

9) What beverage would you like to enjoy with your burrito bowl, taco or salad?

A. Water.

5 comments:

  1. Northern Maine has no Mexican restaurants so it's always a treat to go someplace with Mexican fare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took forever for my town to get Chipotle. I kept hearing about it for the longest time- so when I went to NYC I made a point to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, i haven't read Reader's Digest in years. Like you I used to read it all the time at my parent's house, I loved "Humor in Uniform"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss Star Trek, too. Happily, it's on the Net. I used to love to read Reader's Digest. Just forgot about it. Mom used to subscribe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say I was familiar with this song. Like you, most neon signs in my area are the open/closed variety. Sun is actually shining here today, after a week of cloudy or overcast skies. Still too darn cold, though. Have never eaten at a Chipotle's, can't say I want to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.