Wednesday, October 22, 2014

More Purty Pictures


This is looking back at the farm from the Botetourt Sports Complex. 


This is Uncle Bill's house, nestled in the trees.
 
***

Today is another of those weeks where I have some kind of health care appointment nearly every day. Between physical therapy, the chiropractor, the dentist, and my regular doctor, I am burning up the roads.

I am doing better compared to when I was at my worst, but I am still nowhere close to where I was pre-gallbladder surgery in June 2013. I still can't believe that such a "simple" surgery has completely changed my life, and not for the better. My activity level has been reduced significantly, and my pain level remains high. It is tough to walk around with a level 5 pain in your belly all the time. It is especially difficult when it shoots on up there to an 8 and bends you double.

On top of that, scar tissue and adhesions have pulled my hip out of alignment and created a problem in my gait, which has caused severe and chronic tendonitis in my foot. The pain in my ankle feels like someone is hammering hot spikes up my foot and into my calf. I have been using a cane off and on now for nearly a year. I have good days when I don't need it around the house, but I don't dare do something like venture into Walmart without it.

My husband is doing very well following his horrific accident with the hay baler. He still has some mobility issues in his hand, and I am concerned about the cold weather. I fear it will bother him and cause him some pain this winter. However, he is back to work and mostly doing everything he was before, with some modifications. I am so thankful he is recovering well, and grateful his injury was not worse.

The last two years have certainly not turned out like I had hoped. But I guess that is how life happens: when you least expect it, a beer truck comes crashing through your house. Not that this has happened, but it kind of feels like it.

Anyway, I hope that you, dear reader, are well and spending your days feeling loved and comforted, and in good health. Thank you as always for taking a look at my little corner of the world. I am grateful that you take the time to share it.

CountryDew aka Anita


3 comments:

  1. we take good health for granted and don't realize until something like this comes up...i'm so sorry that you are still dealing with this anita :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better. I know what pain is like as I now have been told that I have Parkinson's. Please clal me sometime. Ask Carolyn for my phone number and call me.
    Uncle Butch
    In Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photos! Sorry to hear so many appointments have disrupted your week, but glad your husband seems to be improving and is back to work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.