Monday, September 29, 2014

September Sunrise


Every hour, it seems, the leaves are turning. Each time I look out the front window I see a touch less green and a bit more yellow, a little rusty red.

That certain slant of sunlight slips softly through the thinning leaves. The shadows dance, delighting me, and it is Autumn.

The deer drift like shades, gliding as if never touching the ground to disturb the cobwebs that now litter the forest floor like diamond dust.

The sunsets are lengthy, the sun reaching out and over the clouds, chasing after the mountains, until only a small glimmer remains. It vanishes - poof - and darkness descends.

2 comments:

  1. How poetic!! Looked hearing about your area and how you perceive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees out my front window are almost completely bare already, while the leaves of other species are just beginning to turn. Fall is definitely settling in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.