Sunday, April 20, 2014

I'm a Sugar Addict

The Easter Meme
From Sunday Stealing

Q. What are your Easter traditions?

A. I don't have any. When I was a child, we did the Easter bunny thing, with baskets and candy on Easter morning. It was very secular. I was a teenager before I realized there was another significance to the weekend.

Q. Do you hard boil and decorate eggs?


A. No.

Q. How do you decorate your home for Easter?


A. I don't.

Q. Do you make/buy special outfits for yourself and your kids on Easter?


A. No.

Q. What is your favorite Easter dish?


A. I like chocolate. It doesn't really matter what time of year, but it seems quite abundant in the grocery aisles between Valentine's and Easter.

Q. When did you learn the truth about the Easter Bunny?

A. Sometime before I was six. I learned about the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus all at one time, because of my own ability to put two-and-two together. I had recently lost a tooth and received a 50 cent piece for it. I came across a dish full of 50 cent pieces. I suddenly made the connection, that this dish is where my tooth fairy money came from, and knew immediately that if there was no tooth fairy, there was no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus. I am good at making leaps of logic like that.

Q. Do you spend Easter at home, on vacation, or with family?


A. I will be home.

Q. First one up on Easter morning?


A. When I was young, it was my brother.

Q. Go to mass or church?


A. Probably not.

Q. What are your favorite Easter hymns and/or choir arrangements?


A. I don't have any. Does Gene Autry's Here Comes Peter Cottontail count?

Q. How many Easter egg hunts does your family usually participate in?


A. Zero.

Q. Do you make deviled eggs out of leftover Easter eggs?


A. I would if I made Easter eggs.

Q. Are you tired of eggs by the end of the Easter Season?


A. No.

Q. Are Peeps good or gross?


A. I don't eat them but have no real opinion on their goodness or grossness.

Q. What company makes the best chocolate for Easter time?


A. I like Cadbury Eggs. This is the only time of the year you can get them (though they recently started selling some at Halloween with green innards, that I did not like so much).

Q. Lots of candy or not?


A. I'm a sugar addict, so candy always.

Q. What is your favorite Easter candy?


A. I will go with the Cadbury Eggs.

Q. Do you find plastic Easter grass hidden in places for months after Easter is over?


A. When we were small we used to.

Q. What’s your favorite color for fake grass?

A. Um. Green? It is supposed to be grass, after all.

4 comments:

  1. I don't get the fake grass colors. If it's grass - it should be green. Unless it's my lawn late in the summer, then that's brown. Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking there were a few of us at home enjoying the nice weather today rather than hunting for eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did color eggs and had an egg hunt, but having 2 grandkids made both a necessity. Although we have colored eggs just between ourselves and enjoyed eating them as well. i agree with you on anything chocolate and that fake gras should be green. Favorite song would be Easter Parade from the film of the same name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no Easter traditions myself, and spent the first truly warm day in ages curled up on the couch, recovering from a cold. I read and watched a few movies, including "Easter Parade" and "Chocolat." Too bad chocolate was out of the question. I've been making up for it this week. I thought about hard-boiling a few eggs, and was glad I hadn't when the boss's wife sent some colored eggs home with me Monday. I've been eating them for breakfast, smooshed on toast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.