Friday, February 07, 2014

Books: The Heist

The Heist
By Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Copyright 2013
Unabridged Audio read by Scott Brick
8.5 hours

Kate is an FBI agent; Nick Fox is a con artist. Kate chases Nick and finally catches him. Nick cuts a deal with Kate's boss, and suddenly Kate and Nick are working together.

They create a massive con to catch an international embezzler, with the FBI's blessing.

That's the basic premise of this story. I am not sure how one classifies this, as it is neither mystery nor romance. It reminded me a little bit of David Baldacci's King & Maxwell series of books, and I don't have a genre for those, either.

At any rate, this was fun to listen to in the car. It sounds like it could become a series - or not. As I listened to this, I found myself trying to figure out the parts that Evanovich might have been responsible for. I am not familiar with Goldberg so I couldn't pick him out. There were a few turns of phrases that I thought sounded like classic Evanovich, but not many.

I would consider this a good beach read. If it were summer. And I was at the beach.

The audio is available at the local library (or will be when I turn it back in).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.