Saturday, January 18, 2014

All Part of the Process

Saturday 9: Best Song Ever (Find a list of other Saturday 9 players at the preceding link.)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here. (This is their official video and it begins with a skit; music starts at 2:25.)

1) Dancing all night to the best song ever would be good for the cardiovascular system. When is the last time you exercised?

A. I did my physical therapy exercises yesterday. I haven't been able to exercise well for six months, though, because of a health problem.

2) The girl in this song is the daughter of a dentist. "Dentophobia" is fear of dentists. How do you feel about going to the dentist?

A. I actually like going to the dentist. I love having my teeth cleaned and feeling good and smooth. Not so happy about having cavities filled or things like that, but it's all part of the process.

3) One Direction performed this on Good Morning, America. Do you watch morning TV? If so, which show?

A. No, I don't. If the weather forecast is dire I might turn on the local news station to see what is expected, but mostly I just go online and look at the news. I do read the daily paper every morning.

4) Listening to upbeat pop songs like this one makes Sam feel young. When is the last time you participated in an activity commonly connected to childen (like swinging on a swing, drinking chocolate milk, playing a board game, etc.)?

A. Um. Does Words with Friends count? Or video games? Or maybe eating Smarties candy? Because I have done all of those in the past week.
 
5) One of the boys, Louis Tomlinson, was an actor before joining the band. How many different professions have you tried? What were they? 


A. Oh dear. I have been a babysitter, secretary, a machinery parts manager, a legal secretary, a paralegal, a news paper reporter, a freelance writer, farmhand, landlord, events coordinator, and an adjunct instructor at the local community college. I have also been a professional student. I love to learn and I love to write.
 
6) The fans that have made One Direction millionaires are also the target audience for series like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and Wimpy Kid. Do you read Young Adult literature? 


A. I do. I read all of the Harry Potter books, and I like Tamara Pierce's young adult books. I have The Hunger Games here to read but haven't gotten around to it. I also like to read books based on TV shows, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Star Trek: Voyager books. I like fantasy but not horror. Some of the recent vampire stuff is a little horrific and thus not for me.

7) If this is the "best song ever," what song do you consider the worst? Tell us which song just sets your teeth on edge.

A. I am not a fan of most bluegrass or country and western music, so probably something along those lines. I can't think of a title at the moment.

8) One Direction performed at the Royal Variety Show for Queen Elizabeth. If you found yourself presented to Her Majesty, what would you say?

A. Greetings, Your Most Gracious Royal Highness? I honestly have no idea. I'd have to check the etiquette books to be sure I did it properly. I suppose I would have to learn to curtsy, too.

9) Right now, is your life moving in the right direction or are you feeling a bit aimless?
A. I'm pretty stuck until my health improves or I at least have a definitive diagnosis as to the problem. Which hopefully will be soon.

7 comments:

  1. I love that you enjoyed Smarties. That's a real kid's candy, and we all need a kid's moment or two every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I put together gifts for my students, I always include Smarties and Nerds. ;-) fun candies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly recommend the Hunger Games books - they were great! Also, another series? The Uglies. It was interesting, and very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words with Friends! Yay! I love that game. I love video games as well (especially *whisper*Pokemon*whisper*) but I haven't gotten to play in a while. And I do like the sparkling clean feeling after going to the dentist, too. I like it so much I don't eat for the rest of the day to keep that sparkling clean feeling for as long as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dentist sold his practice to a new dentist just starting out. I actually really like her. She has these tubs of lip balm all over the office, which I especially like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was definitely not the best song ever. I enjoyed The Hunger Games trilogy, so hope you get round to reading it. I haven't really been able to exercise since before I got sick (so not at all this month) -- just going to the store or doing a load of laundry wears me out. Thankfully, the congestion is finally gone, just need to get rid of the cough. Ah, well -- just gives me more excuses to read. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I play Words With Friends all the time too, so if that counts, I'm in the clear on that question! I would like to be a perpetual student, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.