Sunday, October 20, 2013

I Am Genuine and Sincere

From Sunday Stealing

My Random Randomness Meme, part 3

1) What room are you in?

A. The room we call my office, which is the front of the house. It originally was a bedroom.  It has two windows, parquet flooring, three clocks, my diplomas on the wall, and many books, tons of paper, and my computer.

2) Can you solve a rubix cube?

A. Yes.

3) Are you psychic in any way?

A. Yes. You know yes or no questions are boring, right? I knew you were going to nod your head!

4) What star sign are you?

A. Gemini. The Twins. An air sign, it's ruled by Mercury and is the sign of communicators. Gemini people are known for their wit, their ability to think, and attention to detail. Famous Gemini include Marilyn Monroe, Anne Frank, Andy Griffith, John F. Kennedy, Maeve Binchy, and many others.

5) What's your favorite color?

A. Blue. This link offers an interesting take on personality based on what liking the color blue means. It says I am genuine and sincere and I take my responsibilities seriously. That sounds about right.

6) What's your lucky number?

A. Eight (8).

7) Do you have any chores that should be done now?


A. There are always chores. If you life your life doing everything you should, then it would be boring and unfulfilled. Who wants to work when there are silly questions to answer?

8) Did you have a cherished childhood teddy bear or other toy?

A. I had Blue Dog. Blue Dog was, well, a blue dog.

9) What was the last thing you bought from a vending machine?

A. Probably a bottled water, since that is all I ever get from vending machines.

10) What shoe size are you?

A. A Women's size 7W, generally. But it depends on the shoe.

11) How many pairs of shoes do you own?

A. More than 10.

12) If you were prime minister/ruler of the world what laws would you make?

A. Those that would make the world more equitable, because I believe everyone deserves, not just a chance, but to have their basic needs met, such as food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, and education. I would create a baseline. I think there will always be poverty and always wealthy people, but I think the disparity between those two divisions needs to be less, not greater. There is simply no reason for some people to live in slums while a few live in magnificence. It's just wrong. It should be something like Okay and better than Okay, but never Terrible and Fantastic. And certainly it should never be 99 percent live in Terrible and 1 percent live in Fantastic. It should be something like 1 percent lives in Terrible, 98 percent live in Great, and 1 percent live in Fantastic. Or something like that. I wish it could be 100 percent live in Great but I don't think that will ever happen.

13) If you were a super hero what powers would you have?

A. Invisibility, keen intelligence, speed, strength, and stamina.

14) and what would your hero name be?

A. Librarian Lady.


15) and what outfit would you wear?

A. Black. Black shirt, black long pants, black boots. Black gloves, black mask around the eyes. No cape.

16) What was your last dream about?

A. I dreamed about my doctor. I saw her at an event and she asked me how I was, and I told her I was dying. She told me she wasn't going to let that happen, and gave me a hug. (To my knowledge I am not dying in reality.)

17) What would you do if you won the lottery?

A. While it depends on the amount, if it is a vast sum, I would do the following: first, I would set half of it aside to use for charitable purposes, some of which would include building a local library, establishing a scholarship at my alma mater, and setting up a foundation to help people in need. For personal use, I would buy some land, build a new house, buy a new car, pay off my nephews (in the plural) student loans, assist other family members as necessary, and things like that. Whatever was left would go back to the charitable purpose half.

18) Would you like to build/design your own house?

A. I already did that. If I did it again, I would change a few things. After you've lived in a house you figure out what works and what doesn't.

19) Which form of public transport do you prefer?

A. I drive a car. I have been on a plane occasionally, and never on a bus as an adult. I can't say that I prefer any public transportation.

21) Can you juggle?

A. I can juggle a lot of different tasks at one time, as I am fairly good at multi-tasking, but I cannot juggle in the sense of tossing many things up in the air and then catching them.

8 comments:

  1. I like your response to the last question. I was so unimaginatively literal when I answered it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color meaning link was so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can also solve a Rubik's cube, but it involves taking off the colored stickers and replacing them in the correct pattern : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the more I wear Birkenstocks and athletic shoes the wider my foot gets. I don't care either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Librarian Lady? Always nice to meet another lover of books and words. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like you response to that last question. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was all selfish with my lottery winning money. *sigh* You are good. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite childhood toy was a small Gentle Ben stuffed bear. I was devastated when a dog ate it. I can't remember the last time I bought something from a vending machine. It was probably stamps or bottled water.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.