2. Fresh home-grown cucumbers. Double yum!
3. Watermelon. I know you can get most fruits and veggies year round these days, but they certainly taste better when they are in season and come from local markets.
4. Thunderstorms. One of my best memories of my grandfather involves sitting on a back stoop with him, his arm around me, as we watch the lightning streak across an August sky.
5. Green colors. I love that everything looks lush and healthy, especially this year when we kind of missed July altogether and so far have not had that brown, too-hot look that most summers have.
|Is this a view, or what?|
6. Colorful roses. I love my roses, and though they have not seemed to enjoy the cooler summer, they are still blooming for me.
7. Ice water. That used to be iced tea, but I stopped drinking that in favor of water some years ago. I don't drink ice water in the winter but I enjoy it in summer.
8. Short sleeves. Okay, yes, I wear them year-round but in summer I don't need a sweater, too!
9. Cloud formations. The clouds seem fuller and, I don't know, happier, in summer.
11. Fireflies. You don't see these unless it is warm out, either!
12. June bugs. I remember we used to chase them around as a child, and sometimes we were very cruel and would tie a string around their leg and then fly them around. I was six, I didn't know better. I wouldn't condone this today but back then it seemed fun.
13. Summer rains. I can walk outside in the rain during warm weather, something I would not do in freezing temperatures!
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 308th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.