Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday Thirteen

The Eclectic Thirteen!

I think this might be some sort of poem.

1. Dancing with myself, feet moving fast like a cat with paws in heated coal.

2. Heart bursting, blood rising, chest heaving as if breathing through bonds made of coarsely woven cotton.

3. Never knowing what is next not needing to know but wanting to all the same.

4. Breaking down beating up feeling sick, sorry, silly, and sad, emotions bursting out like firecrackers in flames.

5. Life never ending but ending soon nearly gone and then what who knows maybe deep darkness or luminescent light, blind either way.

6. Feeling the beat, the beat the beat the steady heady knock and rhythm, aching down into the soles of my muddy bare feet.

7. Look at the moon, see it high, sky high, feeling it ride the rhymes of the sun and the tide and the hold it has on the streams of my soul.

8.  Drinking tea and rocking, rhythmically rocking, like a rollicking rascal with roiling energy, see it bursting out as I break into song.

9. Seeing myself move like a shadow a shade the ghost of me mewling melodically as I dream in the deepness the dank and the downers.

10. Needing to feel like the world knows who I am but knowing that the world doesn't dare can't care the world too busy bustling with burgeoning beliefs we are all trying to climb from the pits of despair.

11. Feeding the senses with sunlight with sound with sensual sustenance knowing it's mine its yours its ours we're all one if we would only turn to face one another not say hello with the backs of our heads.

12. Gathering rushes making baskets opening closing finding new tomorrows when the yesterdays are in play the way of the weaver and the joy of today.

13. Knowing love is luscious lonely lurid a longing we need yet we slight its sounds, ignore its lure when it lands on the ladders that lead to our heart.


Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 282nd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

15 comments:

  1. I like 4 best.
    You're giving a journallimg class. Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grin, I think what you've got here is a poem too. Happy TT! And all the best with your class.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2013/02/have-you-heard-about-presidents-wife.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly looks like a poem to me. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very nice, but nothing tops the hot-footed cat in #1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! And your results are fantastic. It's an excellent poem.

    Can I try it too? Not too soon, though. I don't want to be compared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Anita! Yep, a poem for sure...and a swell one, at that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it was as fun to write as it was to read. I particulary like #13.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #3 was my favorite. I know that feeling soooo well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like those!

    Have a great rest of your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful T13! No. 3 - I'm exactly that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poetry in your thoughts...but I find that is how a poem starts...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a poem to me! Good T13.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.