Sunday, February 17, 2013

More Q & A

Sunday Stealing: The Basically Obscure Meme-Part 2

21: Would you swear in front of your parents?

A. I did that one time when I was teenager and got decked for it. But once I married I did.

22: Which continents have you been on?

A. North America and Europe.

23: Do you get motion sickness? Any horror stories?

A. Yes. When I was a little girl I threw up blueberry pancakes all over the car when we went traveling down dizzying back roads in the West Virginia mountains.

24: Why did you name your blog whatever you named your blog?

A. I named it Blue for the Blue Ridge Mountains, which I love, Country becaue I live on a farm, and Magic because magic is what life should be, don't you think?

25: Would you wear a rainbow jacket? A neon yellow sweater? Checkered pants?

A. I would wear a rainbow jacket. I think I would like to have a coat of many colors. However, I would not wear a neon yellow sweater or checkered pants, unless I were going to a Halloween Party as geek bumblebee.

26: What was your favorite cartoon growing up? Post a picture if you can.

A. I didn't have a favorite cartoon, but I loved H. R. Pufnstuf and Land of the Lost.

H.R. Pufnstuf! He's your friend when things get rough! H. R. Pufnstuf! Can't do a little 'cause he can't do enough.

Or something like that.


27: In a past life I must have been a...

A. A skullery maid in the service of Mary, Queen of Scots, in the year 1563. I lived in the castle and took long walks through a graveyard during my very rare time away from my duties. At night I crept from my dusty bed down to the stables for trysts with the young stable boy.

28: If you had to look at one city skyline for the rest of your life, which would it be?

A. Paris. Because if I were looking at Paris, I would be there, and what an interesting change that would be for me.

29: Longest plane ride you've ever been on?

A. From New York to London, England, where we changed planes to continue our journey to Madrid, Spain. That was in 1979, and I was on a school trip with my high school Spanish teacher. The return trip was just as long.

30: The longest you've ever slept?

A. One evening I was sick, so I took some cold medicine and went to bed around 6 p.m. I woke the next morning around 8 a.m. to discover that during the evening my husband had tried to wake me because some friends of ours had come visiting, and they had gone for a walk. The woman had climbed up in a tree and then fell, breaking her leg. The rescue squad had to hike into the trees on the farm in the dark to rescue her. I missed the whole thing. My husband said he was unable to wake me and for a while he thought I might need to go to the hospital myself. I hope I never sleep like that again.

31: Would you buy a sweater covered in kitten pictures? Would you wear it if someone gave it you for free?

A. No, and no. I am so not a cat person.

32: Do you pluck your eyebrows?

A. No.

33: Favorite kind of bean? Kidney? Black? Pinto?

A. String. Also known as a green bean.

34: How far can you throw a baseball?

A. As far as it will go, given the momentum I can give it when I try to make the pitch.

35: If you had to move to another country, where would you move?

A. Scotland.

36: Have you ever eaten Ethiopian food? Vietnamese? Korean? Nepalese? How was it?

A. No, I haven't. My diet is rather boring.

37: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A. Well, take the weight of the woodchuck, multiply by the number of woodchuck teeth, add in the length of the woodchuck tail, divide that number by the width of the tree, then subtract the length of the logs, and then square that by the weight of the wood, and you will have your answer.

3 comments:

  1. i enjoyed your q & a...."coat of many colors" i absolutely love that song...did you know she wrote a children's book of that? i have it....the song is such a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time Kelly threw up when we drove the back roads from Ferrum to Floyd. That's when I knew we were in a hilly, curvy area.

    I have a pair of neon yellow sneakers. I like the surprise of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answer for number 37, and I agree on the city skyline. Would love to go back to Paris sometime...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.