Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Melon Moon

Regular readers know I have a fascination with the moon and trying to photograph it.

During the last full moon, I found favorable conditions early one morning.

There was plenty of light and the moon was beckoning in a bright blue sky.


This is the Full Buck Moon.


It is also called a Full Thunder Moon or a Full Hay Moon.



I shot these with a Nikon Coolpix P500 using a tripod. I really like the last shot. It utilizes the digital zoom on the camera. I think that is the best photo of the moon I've ever taken. However, I am rather puzzled by the belly button on the left-hand side of the photo. It makes the moon look like a melon!

7 comments:

  1. Amazing shot, Anita...it is especially striking against the deep blue sky. The little belly button IS funny...I wonder what it is? It does make the moon look like a melon, haha. And here I thought the moon was made of cheese...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks just like my belly button which I was pondering just a couple of days ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It DOES! It looks like an over ripe cantaloupe. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, these are GREAT shots---I'm in the market for a new camera; completely wore out a Kodak, and I'm trying to decide what to get. Really great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning pics of the moon! Just found your blog in a list of Botetourt bloggers and thought I'd say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are exceptional. I guess I need a tripod.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.