Tuesday, July 17, 2012

And Now For Something Completely Different

I do not often do memes - you know, those question and answer things. I don't see them as much as I used to. But today, having apparently once again run out of things to say, I went in search of one. I found this one from 2009 at this link, and decided I would answer these questions.

1. How old do you look?

About 10 years younger than I am. I have noticed new lines, however, so I don't expect that to continue. Age is catching up.

2. Where do you live?

I live on a farm outside of a small town in a little corner of heaven.

3. Are you waiting for something?

Yes, yes I am. I am waiting for the sun to rise, the moon to shine, the stars to twinkle, and for day to break.

4. What’s one pet peeve of yours that is not common?

Alas, that would be the constant use of poor grammatical skills. People do not punctuate properly. Some use symbols instead of writing out words. There are so many atrocities and improprieties against the English language today. It is sad.

I also hate it when I get my feet wet.

5. Do you want/have kids?

I wanted kids but the universe had other plans. I have cows now instead.

6. Have you ever thought about converting your religion?

My religion has become rather eclectic with time. I don't know that it's a conversion, more a refinement of ideas.

7. Last shocking news you heard?

This is tough. I'm almost 50 - it takes a lot to shock me. I guess in the entertainment world, I was saddened (but not shocked) to hear Andy Griffith had died. I'm a big fan of Mayberry.

I am often shocked by inconsideration and rudeness. I expect people to be nice, but they aren't.

8. What was the last thing you drank?

Water. That is all I drink these days. Lots of H2O.

9. Who do you most look like in your family?

Some days I look in the mirror and see my mother. Other days I see my dad. Some days I see neither one and wonder where I came from.

10. If you could have something right now, anything, what would it be?

A million dollars. I hate to say that, as it sounds so materialistic, but in this world money is all that matters. That's the realistic side of me.

The unrealistic side of me says I would like to have a trip around the world, stopping at every major city, visiting every continent. What a site to see. Of course, that takes money, too.

I would also like a permanent rainbow just because I think they are lovely.

And if someone could give me the antidote to procrastination, that would be good.

11. Where does most of your family live?

Most live close by, or within an hour's drive. Others are in California and Texas.

12. Where did you grow up?

Right here. Well, six miles or so from here, on another farm at the foot of a mountain. A wonderful place where I could play in meadows, hide in forests, and dance with fairies when the sun went down.

13. Where do you want to go on vacation?

The Grand Canyon. But not when it is hot.

14. Have you ever had a panic attack?

Yes, I am afraid so. But it has been a long time since I've had one.

15. What can’t you wait for?

I can't wait for The Hobbit movie. It comes out in December and I am looking forward to it. If it is half as good as Lord of the Rings, it should be a great movie.

16. When was the last time you told someone you loved him or her and meant it?

This morning.

17. Have your parents ever smoked pot?

I have no idea.

18. Want someone back in your life?

Nope. Although new folks are always welcome.

19. What do you order at the bar?

I don't go to bars.

20. When was the last time you cried really, really hard?

In mid-June.

21. Ever licked someone’s cheek?

Yuck. No.

22. What is your favorite thing to eat with peanut butter?

A Ritz cracker.

23. Where were you on July 4th, 2008?

I don't know. I was either at home or at the fireworks in Fincastle, but I don't know which.

24. What are your nicknames?

My husband calls me Pookey.

25. If you could go back in time, how far back would you go?

Are we changing things, or just visiting? If we're changing things, then I would go back to the writing of the US Constitution and make provisions for all of humanity, not just rich white guys. You know, make everybody equal. Women are people, too.

If I'm just visiting, then I would like to go back to the time of Jesus, and sit at his feet, and listen. I guess I would need to learn a new language before I do that, though.

I'm pretty sure he didn't speak to the masses in English.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your answers here, Anita...I feel like I know you a little better. By the way, I'm a huge Mayberry fan, too. I used to love watching the Andy Griffith Show with my children. My cousin was so excited a couple of years ago when he met Thelma Lou (or the actress who played her) at a wedding. She now lives in Mt. Airy, which Mayberry is based on. My cousin said she was really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.