Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Can See Clearly Now

I'm very glad to say that after spending a year fighting with my eye glasses and my prescription, I have resolved this problem.

I went a few weeks ago for an eye exam with a different doctor and received a different prescription - my fifth eye glass prescription in a year. I purchased a new pair of progressive lenses with a different optical shop, and lo, I could see.

Lesson? Be persistent. If you have a problem and you're sure there is a solution, chase after it until you find it. Had I given up, I'd still be struggling to see and still finding it hard to use my camera and do other things that are no longer a problem. I might even get brave and try to thread a needle.

Kudos to my new doctor, who has sorted out the problem.

And though I am not mentioning names, I must commend the optical shops, both of them. The folks at the first shop went out of their way to accommodate me. They even replaced my sunglasses and reading glasses free of charge with this new prescription after I spoke with them again. They did not have to do it, as the year warranty on those specs had just ended, but they chose to help me out. I am grateful to them for that.

The folks at the second optical shop, after hearing my story and my concerns, took their time with me and gave me their very best lenses. And I can see! I can even see through the viewfinder on the camera again, and I cannot tell you what a relief that is.

Hopefully I will soon be taking more pictures for my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Glad for you...hope I do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the world of the seeing. Your blog fans look forward to lots of new pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! To see clearly- makes all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.