Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things I did not see and do during my few hours at Myrtle Beach beach on my non-vacation last Friday. (Short version: We drove 7 hours down, the hotel was unacceptable, we couldn't find another room, we drove 7 hours back home, all in the same 24-hour period).

1. I did not get into the ocean because we weren't there long enough.



2. Cheesy gifts were left unpurchased from Wings or Eagles gift stores.

3. My Minnetonka moccasins, which I had not purchased online because I wanted to try them on first, went unbought because there wasn't time to get to the store that carries them.

4. Christmas gifts were not bought.

5. No sand castles were made by me during the very short time we were there.

6. My husband did not bring home any very cheap jeans.

7. We did not get to eat at Captain George's Seafood.


8. No strolls around Broadway at the Beach.


9. No visit to Barefoot Landing, either.

10. No dives into the pool to cool off.

11. No sitting around the pool, or out on the beach, soaking up rays.

12. No books were read.

13. No visits to Tangier outlet malls, or any other shopping area, for that matter.



Photos taken on previous trips.



Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here.  I've been playing for a number of years and this is my 158th time to do a list 13 on a Thursday.

17 comments:

  1. How fair is that? Wishing you a much, much better vacation next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the things you wished you'd done? Or could have? I don't think I've ever actually been to Myrtle Beach but been to a few other North Carolina beaches. The outlet malls there would b a draw for me. Sorry you didn't get to stay longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer! What was the name of the motel and what was wrong with it? In case I find myself in Myrtle Beach

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang, I'm sorry to hear that! I stayed at an unacceptable hotel in Myrtle Beach in the early 80s...when I was young and stupid enough not to really care. Now? NO WAY! Those are some gorgeous pictures, tho. Hope you got to do something fun that weekend, other than recup from the 14 hour drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but this post made me giggle. You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your next trip is much better and you get to do all of these great things you mentioned. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear it's been raining a lot there anyway :)

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/the-most-powerful-blacklist-on-earth/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry your vacation didn't work out. I'm talking about apples this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it was such a non-vacation, I hope you get the chance for even a short get-away this year. When I was young my parents used to look for discount rates at nearby hotels and take little mini-vacations close to home. ~ Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the bright side...no credit card bill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's some cheese...........LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you didn't get to have the vacation you wanted. Good luck on the next try and may something great balance out the loss.

    Happy TT

    ~Xakara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so sorry your trip was such a downer. Better luck next time I hope. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm from SC, about 1.5 hours from MB...I'm sorry that you had a bad experience visiting our beautiful state....please come again. Hopefully next time your time will be better!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by! Yesterday was nuts at work, so I'm just now getting by to return the favor. :-) I am so sorry about your "non-vacation"...that really sucks. :-(

    Here's hoping you a better vacation the next time.

    Now..off to read some more on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry about your experience. Next time will be better, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.