Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yum



My husband was cutting hay last week and drove past the cherry tree planted by his aunt and uncle.

Every time he made a circle, he swiped cherries as he passed by.

A day later we asked if we could pluck a few of the berries and since the aunt and uncle are elderly and weren't going to pick them anyway, they didn't mind.

We picked five gallons. We gave the aunt and uncle a gallon, the in-laws a gallon, the neighbors a gallon.

Cherries are very good for you. They cure gout. Not that I have gout but my husband on occasion has had it. Cherry juice clears it up. Eating cherries is a good way to keep it away.

According to this website, cherries also help with arthritis, heart disease and inflammation. This website says they can help with weight loss.

Eat more cherries. You'll be glad you did.

3 comments:

  1. We went through a bag of store-bought cherries last week. I wish I were YOUR neighbor! What a nice treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cherries, even if they are good for you :-) They're ripe already? I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at my mother-in-law's last weekend, having just paid a fortune for cherries at the store ($6/lb!!!) and discovered her cherry tree loaded down. They too elderly to pick them. I picked about three pounds and we've been eating them all week! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.