Monday, August 13, 2007

A new experience

I know the city dwellers will laugh at me, but last night we ordered pizza. And had it delivered.

This is a first. My first time ever having pizza delivered. I've gone for 44 years without having pizza brought to my door.

It is also rather sad because it is a good indicator of how close in the city has come to the country. We are now within delivery distance of pizza.

I can remember when there was nothing in Botetourt to speak of. The Cavalier Burger and Big-T. That was in the 1970s. Then came Pizza Hut along about 1979 or 1980. Then McDonalds, Burger King, Hardees . . . on it goes, the homogenization of the country. We now look just like every other area of the nation.

One big shopping mall and a McDs. Bye bye, county that I love. You're losing your identity just as sure as the sun sets and the moon is in the nighttime sky.

2 comments:

  1. I've never ordered pizza delivery even when I could.

    Ha. I feel like I just told a post secret.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.